Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Whats miles do you do?

Been reading alot of posts & it seems alot of you guys clock up some miles..

I use myn as a daily driver, clock up over 500miles a week

would be interesting to see who's doing the most mileage here??

can do anything up to 700miles some weeks - long way between population centres in the south west :lol:

Mines a daily driver. I wish I could do less miles, cos I want to keep it forever, and maintain the relatively low mileage. (Its an L reg with 83k on the clock). I do just over a thousand a month: a mixture of motorway and town driving.

I thought about getting a MKII Golf Gti for daily use, and keep the C for high days, holidays and weekends etc, but I dont think I would be able to drive any other car daily, knowing that I got a Corrado sitting at home!

The other reason I wish I did less mileage cos it drinks a fair bit of juice sitting at traffic lights and pottering round town!

Still, any downsides are by far outweighed by the kick you just from everyday driving.

Dunno about lowest, but I'm pretty sure mine's got the highest here...

225000+ Miles... :? (can't remember exact figure 'cos the dash is sat on my kitchen table at the moment!)

When she's running :roll: I do about 350 miles a week mon-fri commuting, and then another 100 or so during the summer weekends having fun! :wink: 8)

I only live 3.5 miles away from work, but I still manage to clock up about 250 miles a week. I like having fun with my car :lol: :lol:

i did 1000 miles in my first week of *stary eye'd* corrado ownership...mostly now though i do town driving so i get crap MPG but only pu on 200 miles or so per week

140/150 a week, but works just moved sp will expect it to change to more like 250/300

Currently have about 78k

Daily driver for me too, Reading to Sutton commute :shock: (for the last six months), works out at about 700 miles per week (assuming I don't use it over the w/e...)

(The good news is that I've negotiated my hours so I do the M4/M25 run at 06.00 when the roads are nice and quiet :twisted: I leave early too so I almost always miss the worst of the traffic - don't think I could stomach the commute at the 'usual' times :wink:)

Bought the car in Nov '01 with 89K on the clock, now on something over 124K...

DtM.

I only live about 5 miles from work so mileage doesnt go up much on my wagon (90k) 8) - currently rebuilding a Mk1 Cab that will help take down the mileage when its done.

Thinking about putting the G60 lump in the cab and doing a 20vt conversion :twisted: .

Keep the replies coming guys..

DtM I try not to use the rado on wkends & use the the mrs's mk4 polo, alot cheaper :lol: but then again can't help wanting to drive it.. mrs says I should sleep in it as I almost live in it :lol:

GRINGO, I wish I was so close to work :cry:

About 235 a week, (mon-fri), but the weekends are a different story. The missus trys to get me to drive her company Golf TDI, but it is so boring in comparrison.

Only about 100-150 a week at the mo, its a constant battle between trying to keep the mileage down and getting out there and enjoying her!

I won't be doing a great deal, theres 88K on the clock and its only a 15mile round trip to work every day

but i'm sure i shall go elsewhere at the weekends

i do about 150 /200 a week but with all the car shows i done this year i done 15000 in 6 months :( on the new engine

Only about 100-150 a week at the mo, its a constant battle between trying to keep the mileage down and getting out there and enjoying her!

I know exactly what you saying dude.

I've put less than 900 miles on the C since its MOT in July. Its sitting in my garage since the middle of Nov ...all washed underneath ...including wheel arches, even the insides of the alloys ...the paintwork is polished with resin protection for the winter & all rubbers & trims silicone treated.

Sometimes I think its gettin a bit silly just sitting there still costing me money :? ...I mean we can't take them with us ...still, I hope its dry this weekend :lol:

I've done about 23000 since July this year... only 4000 in the C though, all the rest are on my piece of sh1t company 406 :pukeleft: - which I'm determined to break!

I'd say in a week I'm doing about 100-150 in the C (when it works :lol: )