Sign in to follow this  
NottsCounty

Interesting way of hunting down scum...

Hope he gets his man! He seems pretty determined and rightly so!

I'm assuming he tried the CCTV at the garage for the number plate on that purple Alfa Romeo?

More Power to the guy. I'd imagine you'd feel equally determined if you'd seen the guy brazzenly take your car. I'm guessing legally it's ok to post the guys face in public, what with the fact he's not likely to walk into a cop shop and demand it's removal.

How the hell did he nick the car though did he leave the keys in the ignition or summet??

I was thinking that too. Perhaps that's the reason for his large reward - insurance company refusing to pay out as it was stolen with the keys.

yup, full points for tenacity and thinking laterally then!

i know someone who drives an exact duplicate of that car and this is the only other 5dr white Ed.30 i've seen. I'd best let him know...

Suprised the Alfa got away TBH, they tend to brake down when you really need them! Lucky it wasn't a Corrado as a get away vehicle then..

Frankly considering it had an automatic (as opposed to DSG) gearbox I'm amazed he's willing to own up to even owning it in the first place. And what on earth was the thief thinking?

How embarassing...

There is a white Edition 38 on autotrader for £11k.........

But it is a 3 door

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... x_mileage=

it's LHD and another auto :gag: ...but moreover it doesn't have Edition 30 badging or the golfball gearknob, so could it be *shock* *horror* another Lapland-esque trading-standards-curiously-can't-seem-to-touch-you regular GiT?? :shrug:

How did he get the CCTV footage, or at least a few frames from it? I'm sure this must be in breach of the RIPPA Act too, he might even get into trouble for it for distributing it all over eBay, again, I'm sure thats dodgy legal ground. Who is to say that the chap in the CCTV footage is the person responsible? Unless he personally saw the dude get into the car and drive off he could be on a seriously sticky wicked.

How did he get the CCTV footage, or at least a few frames from it? I'm sure this must be in breach of the RIPPA Act too, he might even get into trouble for it for distributing it all over eBay, again, I'm sure thats dodgy legal ground. Who is to say that the chap in the CCTV footage is the person responsible? Unless he personally saw the dude get into the car and drive off he could be on a seriously sticky wicked.

RIPA 2000 is a law for official use, ie Customs, Police, Benefits Agency, etc. to look in to a suspect's private life for the purpose of prevention of crime just as long as they can prove they have reasonable grounds to do so/lawful. The victim probably asked in the garage for the images seeing as he'd just had his car nicked - I would've done the same! Even if the Police obtained the images, RIPA still wouldn't play a part in it as a previously uninvestigated suspect has commited a crime... in other words they weren't targetting him before or during the crime.