Sign in to follow this  
corradog60stage4

DIY BBS RS001 OEM with 4X100 redrill another 5X100 bolt patt

I have a set of BBS RS001 that is originally 4X100 that I was keeping to put on my corrado. But after I upgraded to the plus suspension it's now is no longer 4X100 but 5X100.

So how can I make these BBS wheels fit? Adapters?

Adapters make the wheel shift outwards by 15mm and gives too much poke.

So a redrill is the best alternative keeping both bolt patterns so it can be used on a 4X100 with ease.

there will be two original holes per wheel hat will be together.

before

47b8db01b3127ccec47d431f907f00000056100QcOWzNuxcMQe3nww

47b8db01b3127ccec47cf365b01100000056100QcOWzNuxcMQe3nww

back

ry%3D320

front

ry%3D320

countersink

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

My RS001 are finally assembled and test fitting it on the rado for any clearance issues.

70015bfd.jpg

865a72cd.jpg

6296bed1.jpg

not going to rub the fenders

55c9c4e6.jpg

dbd68e22.jpg

ba7a0e48.jpg

This is not for the faint at heart :notworthy:

i personally would have had the original holes filled in, then had the 5 new holes drilled then, i would not feel safe running alloys like you have done.

braver than me lol

how much does it cost to get them filled an re drilled?anyone no a place that can do it?

I think anyone with a pillar drill and a tig welder could do it mate, not entirely sure I'd want to try it whoever did it.

Jeez, that is sketchy. So you've redrilled your front brake discs too ?

You could of put G60 rear discs on and the wheels would of fitted.

You also could of converted the front to 4x100 using G60 outer CV's and hubs. Would of been alot safer.

These SSR wheels come out of the manufacturer's door like this.

1047_2.jpg

I made the RS001 to be dual fitament so I can swap them on a 4X100 or 5X100.

BTW if you didn't know the RS001 is a forged instar and not your cheapo cast wheels. VWs are hubcentric meaning that the centerbore of the wheel will take the load of the vehicle unlike bolt centric vehicles that rely on the lug bolts. So this is perfectly safe for all you sketchers :salute:

Happy trails on to us look like a VERY unsafe wheel, but then you don't have the MOT there and can run pretty much any thing...

Plus if we got into an accident here and an assesor saw them on he'd have a frikking heart attack!

I wouldn't feel safe with only having seats round 3 out of 5 bolts...

Jeez, that is sketchy. So you've redrilled your front brake discs too ?

You could of put G60 rear discs on and the wheels would of fitted.

You also could of converted the front to 4x100 using G60 outer CV's and hubs. Would of been alot safer.

no need to redrill front brake discs or hub spindles as they are readily available on the market from various sketchy reknown tuners like Bahn Brenner. :clap:

phps0VTR4.full.jpg

i dont know much about the strengths of a wheel but that should be ok shouldnt it? i mean ive seen standard peugeots and citroens with only 3 studs on their wheels and they seem ok?

i dont know much about the strengths of a wheel but that should be ok shouldnt it? i mean ive seen standard peugeots and citroens with only 3 studs on their wheels and they seem ok?

Fortwo Smart cars comes with 3 studs too. :notworthy:

Arnt Rs 301's 4x100 more desirable than say a porsche fitment ? Could you have not sold those on for a few quid bought some porsche Rs's with a higher offset and used addaptors ?

Have i missed somthing or have you just lost a grand by redrilling them ?

Arnt Rs 301's 4x100 more desirable than say a porsche fitment ? Could you have not sold those on for a few quid bought some porsche Rs's with a higher offset and used addaptors ?

Have i missed somthing or have you just lost a grand by redrilling them ?

these are RS001 which is stock 15" ET25 but I had custom lips and barrels made so these are now 16".

Would worry me driving a car with wheels drilled like that, especially with the torque a good G60 pumps out

you all know that vws are hub centric and these are BBS forged centers so i'm not worried about the torque. :clap:

big thumbs up for some nice custom finishes on some nice wheels..

and my comment is this..

yes you are in canada and the rules are slightly different, but to say the british would 'freak' if they saw this well no,

in an engineers view and if inspecting these he would see the weight is spread through the hubcentric design of the wheel and that the bolts mearly locate the wheel and hold its position, the strain they come under is from driven motion which wouldnt be affected by the seat on the bolts but the distance between them as this is the bit under load when flooring it.. (as the centre is taking the weight)

and on top of this them being forged it is perfectly safe..

id rather roll around on these than in a chaved up 3 stud saxo with cheese soft cast alloy aftermarket wheels..

but hey we are all different..

big thumbs up for some nice custom finishes on some nice wheels..

and my comment is this..

yes you are in canada and the rules are slightly different, but to say the british would 'freak' if they saw this well no,

in an engineers view and if inspecting these he would see the weight is spread through the hubcentric design of the wheel and that the bolts mearly locate the wheel and hold its position, the strain they come under is from driven motion which wouldnt be affected by the seat on the bolts but the distance between them as this is the bit under load when flooring it.. (as the centre is taking the weight)

and on top of this them being forged it is perfectly safe..

id rather roll around on these than in a chaved up 3 stud saxo with cheese soft cast alloy aftermarket wheels..

but hey we are all different..

Thanks mate, you must have an engineering background to see beyond just the 9 holes on the wheel. :wink:

well i try to think logically, i am 19 and have a family of a history in cars and trucks but limited engineering..

glad to see the corrado's are so popular in canada as im planning to emigrate there in afew years.. :D

Fortwo Smart cars comes with 3 studs too. :notworthy:

They might well run 3 studs! But how much power? And cornering force? Its simple, does it look safe.......... dont mean to be funny but where talking 3 studs not three wheels, or two..... or one for that matter. I would take forum members advice on this.