Sign in to follow this  
-=Kris=-

What fuel?

Right, so i've always been thinking... what is the best fuel to use on ye olde VR6...

what are your thoughts? not just on the VR6 but in general... what would you recommend...?

i've personally gone for shell optimax... but i've been told that BP ultimate is better... i'm not too sure...

also... how do i create a poll? :scratch:

I always put bp ultimate in my G60. Swear by it. Not sure if it's all in my head but after trying loads of different fuels in my old G60 I found it ran smoothest on ultimate. Be interesting to hear what others say.

I've been using Shell Optimax, then called Shell V-Power, now called V-Power Racing 100 for years. Its good stuff.

I've not much experience of BP Ultimate, however I can't see either of them being massively different, but the couple of times I did use it was on my old Mk2 Golf GTi and it bizzarely made the car sound different!

I also use Aral 100, which you chaps don't get over here.

the couple of times I did use ultimate was on my old Mk2 Golf GTi and it bizzarely made the car sound different!

That's the noise created by all the extra power it's producing.... :grin:

I saw something else that said Shell V-Power was better than BP Ultimate. Think they rolling roaded a Scooby.

Anyway, I always use Shell 98, if not then some other 98+ fuel, I never go for 96...ptooie! *spits in disgust*

I didn't say don't do it. I just said it was dirty. :lol: I've been to enough music festivals in my time to have developed a tolerance for rolling in mud too. :D

yeah i've always swayed between BP and Shell, but i've noticed i get better milage from Shell... and it's generally cheaper...

Always use Shell V-Power in my stock G60, will pull up a 1in10 hill starting at the bottom in 5th gear 1000rpm approx 30mph floor the pedal, no pinking just smooth power. Amazing car & amazing fuel

Mick :D

I don't notice much difference using Shell V or optimax - whatever its called. But in the valver it made a big difference in performance and better mpg as well.

i use sainsburys super unleaded in mine which is 98 ron :p

never tried anything else lol maybe i should