Sign in to follow this  
Pete

Finally got pics of the new car...

It's a big of a barge but its sooooo fast it beggars belief!

08122008blank-1-1.jpg

08122008001blank-1-1.jpg

Its a bit like the old VR6 for the balance of comfort and sport, but on a much more extreme scale...

Awesome, love it - a rocket powered gentleman's club. I bet you can pick them up for very reasonable money nowadays.

EDIT - If you stick some IMG tags around your links you can probably put the actual images up:

httpblahblah

Wow - I think you got the best deal there. If only the first owner knew what you paid for it!

That would make an ace Le Mans trolley. Is it a blown 4.2 V8?

Yes, 4.2 supercharged V8.

400bhp and 408lb/ft.

Off the line its reasonably quick but once its rolling from 20mph or so the accelleration is insane.

Plus it really brakes and corners well for its size.

Got it from Jag dear too so I get a 1 year Jag warranty which is nice.

Has fully electric seats inc headrests, Alpine premium sound pack (like the Bose/Porsche or Dynadio/VW options) and a TV!!!

Much less 'obvious' than say an M5 I think.

Took a few pics of the TV etc the other night, great way to while away the traffic jams 8)

Picture quality is rubbish though, done with my phone so it all looks like the contrast is too high and all fuzzy.

15122008001.jpg

15122008004.jpg

15122008003.jpg

Nice car, the dash lights look a lot like a dated vw with all that green.

Its lovely at night, I've also got a new Polo in the family and I find the blue lights are nice as a gimmick but they are a little bit straining over a long motorway journey.

Green and amber are easier on the eyes at my age haha!

Thats a nice looking thing,

I work in Jag customer service, and it's so nice to hear someone who is happy with their jag! :lol:

Which dealership did you get it from?

Oh dear - hope thats a joke... ;)

Got it from Stratstone Aston/Jaguar in Birmingham.

My local dealer is also a Stratstone, in Swansea.

Any discounts on service when it's due??? hehe

haha well I can but it needs to be justified! To be fair you've got the 12 month warranty it'll all be fine. :D

not sure if you've had any experience of stratstone swansea yet? from the customers I've spoken to it's a very mixed reaction, some customers are over the moon with the service and some feel that it leaves a lot to be desired. I think that could be said about all Stratstone dealerships though. To be honest don't deal with swansea too much, i have the pleasure of dealing with the london lot!

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I hope you don't have to speak to us in the customer relations - As we have the pleasure of dealing with all the complaint calls!

Anyway happy Jag ownership! :)

Haha so do I!

I used them years afo when they were a Jag/Rover dealership and felt the same. The intent was noble but they rarely satisfied me for fixing faults.

Hoping this time around it will be a case of less faults fixed more efficiently...

I did pop in to ask them a question because I was being thick with the nav and they were really pleasent and fine - BMW would have wanted a deposit for the 15 mins of the mechanics time!!!!!!!!!!