moneypit23

Moneypit's Twilight Violet VR6 - MOT time

Oh no - I was there today too ... out and about shopping for my supplies to go home with :) ...

Are you planning a return at all this week ..? I'm in Marple tomorrow afternoon and thought if you were heading for or around Cheadle Hulme ... assuming where that's where him indoors stil is ...

Nobody's added more Corrado to that MSN page on cult cars yet ...

Cheadle Hulme ... assuming where that's where him indoors stil is ...

:lol: yep im still in cheadle hulme mate

So i was expecting it to fail on baldy tyres and knackered top mounts but alas, it failed only on the top mounts (conveniently sourced from VW yesterday :))

Time to give a scrub and wring the last bit of life out of those crappy everlasting tyres!

You love them tyres i hope they last ages hehe X

Oh and congrats on it passing

Edited by Jon_vr6

Just to keep the thread updated headlight loom installed

Before

DSC00338.jpg

After

DSC00339.jpg

When people say they are candles standard they are candles

Thats Lee's doing on the way over woodhead, im really liking the 1st or 2nd picture reflecting the graffiti onto the car X

Think I spotted you last Thursday around 5pm at the junction of London road & Station Street in Nott’s, was it you as appeared to be carrying some battle scar’s.

lovely car and colour (must be something about the colour i only owned mine a short while before it needed a headgasket but now love it)

that headlight loom made a good difference (got me thinking now lol)

Lovely pics from last summer! I recognise the calendar one... :)

Boot chair is brilliant too - I def need one for this summer!

Think I spotted you last Thursday around 5pm at the junction of London road & Station Street in Nott’s, was it you as appeared to be carrying some battle scar’s.

That'll be me i live around the corner. I've had a rough 9 months or so in terms of cars/driving but a full fix and respray is on the cards. I'm sick of the car looking the way it does,it looks neglected when it is anything but.

After driving around all embarassed about the dents and mis-matching panels i've finally had some of the bodywork sorted. There are still some scabs and bits of rust but from a short distance its now looking sweet. I'm happy again.

Really like the second picture, it just looks ready to rock

It was.. well dodgy round there.

---------- Post added at 8:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:43 PM ----------

Really like the second picture, it just looks ready to rock

It was.. well dodgy round there.

After driving around all embarassed about the dents and mis-matching panels i've finally had some of the bodywork sorted. There are still some scabs and bits of rust but from a short distance its now looking sweet. I'm happy again.

Looking good, Kate!

...Do you think it's looking good enough for a group photo shoot down at Brooklands? I do! :D

There's a little group of us East Midlands folk convoying down to the CCGB National Day on Sunday. Meeting in sunny stabo area at 07:30, arriving in Weybridge for 10:00am ish.

If you don't know Brooklands, I can assure you it's ace! Expect about 50+ Corrados getting lined up on the historic banked track (subject to good weather) plus a load of bikes and aeroplanes to look at in the museum. The only minor niggle is that you need to sign up / renew membership for CCGB via the website in advance (http://www.corradoclub.org/ccgb16/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=89&Itemid=163), however if you do then the photoshoot is paid for by the club (a tenner, paid for. Bargain!). You will have to pay a tenner to get into the museum, but all told it's still a good deal, I think :)

If you fancy it, take a look at this thread for convoy details: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?70805-National-Day-M1-Convoy-South

If you do sign up and want to join in, just pipe up on this thread to tell the guys you're new but that you'd like to join in: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?59944-National-Day-2012-Sunday-20-May-Brooklands

(The people to tell are Tempest, KipVW, Butterfly or CazzaVR)

(please excuse the thread highjack!!!) ;)

Sounds good but i've got plans this weekend. I'm just glad that its back in a condition where it can be photographed from more than one angle :)