Sign in to follow this  
Piper666

Respray planned but what colour???

Since getting my C in the summer ive been constantly working on it bringing it up to scratch, I knew next to nothing about the car and have since had nearly every nut and bolt off it replacing parts and upgrading for the better. I should have kept looking for a better example but even with the corroded front wing, rust pitted door and rear arch i bought the first one i went to view, in all honesty the Borbet Cs and test drive is what made me get my wallet out and just had to have it. :cuckoo: :luvlove:

Ive got to the stage now where im left with upgrading the engine and a professional respray but im not entirely sure what colour to get it painted.

The original colour was tornado red but it had faded badly and after doing the bodywork repairs (including £150 for one front wing!!!) i went for the cheap option and painted it matt black with the intent to getting it in a shop next year but....... ive lost patience!! It just isnt what the car deserves so im getting it in the paintshop as soon as. :clap:

I have had people say to keep it the original colour (Red) for resale value but i dont intend on getting rid....ever!!

I like the Solid Blue on the Golf R32 and a have also thought about a Vauxhall Alantis Blue (for originallity) but afew other colours have crept up and would like to know what afew of you think and maybe help me decide..... :brickwall:

Porsche 944/928 Met Brown/gold

Bentley Atlas/gunmetal Grey

Sorry for the long post but opinions and suggestions are apprieciated. :grin:

How about metallic black with a bit of red metallic pearl chucked in the mix. Then a nice black leather interior with red stitching, yummy :norty:

favorite colour combo atm is aston martin green and anthracite wheels the same as a dbs... lovely!

Aston_Martin-DBS_Racing_Green_2008_photo_02.jpg

0801_01z+2008_aston_martin_DBS+side_view.jpg

if i ever sprayed a corrado a non original colour it'd be that! :luvlove:

Gonna sound odd, but brown.

Seen a couple of C's in brown and they look the nuts! You should go for a dark metallic one like the UPS Corrado, or a very light beige which I saw in Germany...both look wicked.

Either that or camoflage. Not necessecarily green, urban (black white and grey) or blue would be cool.

Edit - i have photos of the light one and a different dark brown as well if you'd like me to post them up?

I second the nimbus grey and metallic brown, I am having mine done soon but will be keeping it original colout but before I decided I looked at both the above colours.

favorite colour combo atm is aston martin green and anthracite wheels the same as a dbs... lovely!

Aston_Martin-DBS_Racing_Green_2008_photo_02.jpg

0801_01z+2008_aston_martin_DBS+side_view.jpg

if i ever sprayed a corrado a non original colour it'd be that! :luvlove:

Liar... now show everyone the Yeti-favorite.. Footbaler's wife DB9... :pukeright:

I second this ^^^ (the green) BTW, classy colour for a classy coupe... and not bad on an Aston too! :lol:

However any colour, I'd go for Irish Green Pearl.. from the Rado pallett!

if it goes a different colour are you gonna do the engine bay, under the arches, boot floor etc etc?

hate seeing where the outside of the shell is a different colour to the inside, looks so wrong and bodged.

hate seeing where the outside of the shell is a different colour to the inside, looks so wrong and bodged.

ah, you mean Pimp My Ride stylee!

ah, you mean Pimp My Ride stylee!

"Spray my window rubbers" More like!

Couldn't agree more... and don't get me started on un-sprayed door shuts! :censored:

Gonna sound odd, but brown.

Seen a couple of C's in brown and they look the nuts! You should go for a dark metallic one like the UPS Corrado, or a very light beige which I saw in Germany...both look wicked.

Either that or camoflage. Not necessecarily green, urban (black white and grey) or blue would be cool.

Edit - i have photos of the light one and a different dark brown as well if you'd like me to post them up?

yes please!! :D

Its going to be a proper job, mirror staight panels, doors off, glass out, engine bay , undersealed etc. Had a few quotes from bodyshops and for what ive been quoted i wouldnt have it any other way!!! totally agree with unpainted shuts etc..... thats why i NEED to get this done, lol!!! Quotes are aroud £2000-£3000+ and what ever the price would be, VAT is to be added to it! :shock: :shock:

Its going to be a proper job, mirror staight panels, doors off, glass out, engine bay , undersealed etc. Had a few quotes from bodyshops and for what ive been quoted i wouldnt have it any other way!!! totally agree with unpainted shuts etc..... thats why i NEED to get this done, lol!!! Quotes are aroud £2000-£3000+ and what ever the price would be, VAT is to be added to it! :shock: :shock:

I know why you wanna have it done, but £3k just for paint! That would buy you a whole VR in todays climate with mint paint already LOL. Plus have you added up or the trim parts you will need/want after the spray? Probably add a further £500

Whatever paint you do go for though be nice to keep it in the VAG range :)

This Bentley colour could work on the C. Can see it now on some split rims with colour coded centres and gold bolts 8)

bentley.jpg

bentley-continental-gt-2008-05.jpg