Sign in to follow this  
nocrap

Cats2Go?

Nope. But £47 for a catalytic convertor for a 2.0 16v is bloody cheap! :)

You gotta be a bit dubious about prices like that for sensors though surly? I'm not saying that they'd be crap, but it seems awfully cheap for a Lambda!

My VR recently failed MOT on emissions.

From my reading around I've established that these cheap replacement cats (and universal lambdas) are nowhere near the quality of the originals. They are designed as cheapo get me through an MOT quick jobs and unlikely to last more than a couple of years, unlike the originals which last well over 100k miles.

So just weigh up how long you are likely to keep the car for I suppose.

Yeah, as Wales says it's not worth sticking anything other than a Bosch probe on - especially with the G60 as it's such an important sensor on the warm map.

As for the Cat's though - worth a try at that price, technically they could be free as I can't see an exchange surcharge and if your near a good scrap dealer you could get £50 for your old one!

So just weigh up how long you are likely to keep the car for I suppose.

Indeed, I really wouldn't expect it to be near the quality to of other reputable brands. however you've also got to weigh it up against the contents of your wallet. now you could go on about false economies all you like but I know it's far easier financially to spend £20 now and gamble the fact that it might need to be changed in 2 - 3 years than it is to go and spend £60 + on a Bosch one.

oh and before people that know me start going on, this is for my sisters car.