Sign in to follow this  
a98pmalcolm

cutting bumper for intercooler

Hay guys, im sure this has come up a few times, iv started to cut out the number plate section of my front bumper with my dremel coz i have a large front mount intercooler so it will be a direct cold air feed, as Jabba Sport did with there track Corrado and i have seen other people do it also!

Iv got about 4 inches in and got to a large metal plate, any ideas to get through it if your have done this b4?

Thanks

Paul

P.S: G60 Newman Performance Cam On E-Bay Item Number : 160311220135

Hay guys, im sure this has come up a few times, iv started to cut out the number plate section of my front bumper with my dremel coz i have a large front mount intercooler so it will be a direct cold air feed, as Jabba Sport did with there track Corrado and i have seen other people do it also!

Iv got about 4 inches in and got to a large metal plate, any ideas to get through it if your have done this b4?

Thanks

Paul

P.S: G60 Newman Performance Cam On E-Bay Item Number : 160311220135

Hi there,

The bumper has a plastic skin with a steel section to absorb impact, it's that section you have gotten to.

You can take the metal section off of the plastic; there's about 12 clips holding it together.

If you do cut a hole, you will reduce the strength of the bumper.

Several other people have done this, look at flusted's gallery and I think Corrado VR6 - Turbo did it too!

Hope this helps :D

ok thanks guys! im goin to crack on with it to moro, im goin to remove the bumper to proceed with it, but i noticed todat that my intercooler i bolted to the rad an sites a lil more to the passenger side so when i have done what i have there will be an 4 inch gay looking straight into the engine bay to i mite just ge a sqaure number plate ande cover it up, i will take pics and let u know how i get on.

Thanks

~Paul