voo51

My Corrado 16v project .....Now breaking

Well, now you're asking! I bought the car for about £500. Spent a good couple of thousand on her so far, maybe a bit more, but everything just about has been off ebay or this forum. I have tryed to do everything as cheap as possible, waiting for certain things to come up for sale. Some things I have waited over a year for. Plus, when I sold my original parts I made quite a bit of money back. Although, sometimes I am too much of a skank and end up loosing out becuase I am trying to save too much money! :brickwall:

i think its more the case if someone said hun or chick or love then it might go down as they are trying to get into them!

loving the car hun/chick/love/mate whichever you fancy lol :)

:) not heard people call girls mate before! interesting idea though "i know, so she doesn't notice i'm trying to chat her up i'l call her mate" is that how it went?

i always thought you could talk to girls like normal people!

sorry i'm bored in work

As for being done fast i have had her for over a year and half and still so much to do!

exactly, a year and a half? i've had mine more than five years and i think you have already overtaken me.

what about the red lights tho? clash or not in your opinion?

I like the red rears. I don't like the orange on the standards and think the clear and smoked would stand out to much. I feel the all reds keep a kind of standard look about them. The only others I would consider is the red and half grey rears. As for doing so much in a year and half, we're hoping to get married and start a family soon, so doing what i can while i can afford it!

Yep, they are my definate second choice. For me, the all red rears are still my favourite :)

I like the half smokes on your car. Looks very very nice....

It has been a while since I have been on this thread, so I can't quite remember everything I have done so far!

I have now replaced my passenger side window as my original was completely scratched up with grit that had got in the seals. I have fitted a late indicator stalk to match my late wiper stalk! All locks and latches have now just about been replaced with chrome ones.

10072009549.jpg

door strikers

For the past few weeks I have on and off been cleaning my engine bay, replacing bits of the engine bay with either polished or chrome bits, or just new screws and bolts as my originals were rusted on! Oh, and I have painted my letters black with heat resistant engine paint :)

polished air horn compreesor up a bit and had bracket chrome plated - not very good pic, sorry!

29072009591.jpg

Some of the bits I have had plated..

29072009589.jpg

Battery clamp- needs a detaled clean down there!

29072009590.jpg

Clened all under where alternator was

29072009599.jpg

Engine hoist and alternator bracket fitted

29072009601.jpg

My letters, which I am well chuffed with!

24072009578.jpg

Today I have hit a bit of a stop with fitting my alternator though as I cannot get the collar to budge on the arm, but I have soaked it in wd40 and will try again in a bit!

Still got loads to do to the engine bay. Just a little at a time though.

And I really think I have developed a hernia from trying to undo a bolt! :pale:

Here is a pic of the smoked and red rear lights. Maybe not to everyones taste but i prefer them. :D

Prefer the look of these Rear Lights, looking very tidy!!

Ian :D

I still prefer the all red rears at the mo.

Alternator is finally on!

they are mine, im open to offers

edit: they'd be banging on your rado, I'd have them on mine but cant afford the flaring right now, I got another rado im trying to sell but got no takers :(

Looks nice under the bonnet :) It's not easy keeping up the motivation to get bits finished is it?

How's the hernia?

If you are talking about the cat back through pipes it was £125 fitted. If you are on about the back box, it was £10 off ebay! :D

Got lots of cleaning to do for Tatton Park this weekend!

Nice to meet you at tatton yesterday, good to have a 2ltr 16v addict to swap advice/storys with. Liking your attention to detail with all the chrome engine bay bits, just up my street. I will keep an eye on this thread for more goodies. 8)

Thankyou!

I havn't been on here for a while as I have been trying to sort out my interior.

I have had a complete change of mind and decided to go down the porsche seat route. These are my seats....

PorscheSportsSeats-coversneeded.jpg

I know they are not to alot of people's tastes, but I really like them and I cannot believe how comfy they are! They are electric Recaros and are as old as me!!

They are going to be retrimmed in black leather and lilac cloth in october. Also got the Corrado to have the rear end resprayed/re done as there are sooo many imperfections in the current paint job.

I think this winter will be a case of getting everything done properly or fixed - refurb alloys, sort paint out, etc.

I have sat in some of these and yeah they are well comfy. Should look great when retrimmed, post up some pics when they are done. Are you getting the rears trimmed to match?

Yes I am and the roof lining. Next year I wil get the door cards done as well but they will have to stay black leather for now. :)

Well, yesturday I went to VW Action at Santa Pod, good show! But I guess I best start from the beginning. For a little while every now and then a rattle came from my exhaust. I went to a local exhaust place and they said my Cat had gone and quoted me nearly £300 to fix it. I thought, nahh it'll be ok! Friday just gone it was still rattling but only a little bit now and then and as the exhaust place didn't show me it was that which was rattling I decided to go to kwick fit. They again said the cat and actually showed me.They tryed to do a tempory fix just to try stop any rattling for the weekend. I figured it would be ok going to Action and back as at worst it would just rattle a little more.

On the way there there was no rattling until we got to McDonalds on the A45. It was soooo loud! But carried on anyway. We pulled into Action and drove up to the show and shine. The judges who were showing you where to park said your engine sounds bad. I said ' nahh, it's only my catalytic convertor' theywere like, ok.

Had a good day. Judges came round, made comment about my noisey engine, which I thought, no it's my cat. I was wrong!

When we tryed to leave the show the car would not start. The battery had gone flat, yet nothing had been left on. Had a lovely T4 try to bump start us, no use, they then pushed the Corrado accross the show field to a bit more inconspicuous place where the security team bump started us with their heavy duty leads. The Corrado sounded rough with the rattling and as we drove down the track towards the exit she started coffing and spluttering. On tick over she was great, other than the rattle, but it wasas though no juice was getting to the engine when the accelerator was pressed. I thought, but it is only the cat that is gone! I lifted the bonnet and sure enough it was my engine making the terrible rattling noise. it was coming from my alternator and fanbelt which had lost all it's tension but not snapped. We had no tools on us and called the RAC.

When recovery arrived he looked and saw straight away that the alternator pulley was loose. He said that because it was chrome plated it was wider/ the bolt couldn't do up as much due to the thickness of the chrome. Then over time the chrome has wore off and so gave a bit od play, a gap, in which it could work itself free more and more. Which then means my battery won't charge and my fuel injection system wont work.

I got recovered home which on the plus side meant I saved some petrol!

Today I will be tightening the nut and hoping that is all that is wrong!

I must admit when you drove away in McDonald’s car park on the Saturday morning it certainly didn’t sound like an exhaust issue to me. The engine sounded like a right rattler, so it was a good job we met in the morning.

Yep it was!!

I have fixed her now anyway!! I was the alternator bolt. had it air gunned on, refitted the alternator, charged the battery and ..... SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!

sure enough I still my cat changing though!

I have just about fully stripped the interior ready for the new seat fitting and retrim. I am also tempted to fit a blak dash, but does it make that mush diffrence when you look inside a corrado? Is it easy to change? I have already removed all the dash trim bits, just got the main dash part to change.

Yep it was!!

I have fixed her now anyway!! I was the alternator bolt. had it air gunned on, refitted the alternator, charged the battery and ..... SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!

sure enough I still my cat changing though!

I have just about fully stripped the interior ready for the new seat fitting and retrim. I am also tempted to fit a blak dash, but does it make that mush diffrence when you look inside a corrado? Is it easy to change? I have already removed all the dash trim bits, just got the main dash part to change.

Glad it wasn't anything serious :D

I think I still have a 2.0l 16v CAT in my garage if it's any use to you - £35 + delivery??