Sign in to follow this  
peppyuk

Rolling road result.

Went along to a Skoda rolling road meet at the weekend and SWMBO (who now has my corrado) came too.

Corrado has almost 130k on the clock and burns a little oil. The only engine mod is the exhaust (Miltek). I was pretty impressed with the figures!

VR6-07-02-09.jpg

Hopefully gonna rolling road my G60 soon. Just out of curiosity, not because I think the results are gonna be anything to shout about.... :lol:

Hopefully gonna rolling road my G60 soon. Just out of curiosity, not because I think the results are gonna be anything to shout about.... :lol:

It's nice to know it's running right, and making around the power it should be.

It's nice to know it's running right, and making around the power it should be.

Yeah, that is good. After all this time it's still putting out pretty good power. I just don't know if I'll be able to say the same about mine!

That's at the flywheel.

Extrapolated from the @wheel figures, obviously.

[ insert standard disclaimer about accuracy of roll-down test to asses transmission losses here .. ]

:lol:

power plots should have a fill-in scale on the y-axis (insert your own scale here)

would be good to see a standard octavia VRS plotted against the VR6 power curve from the same day though.

:lol:

power plots should have a fill-in scale on the y-axis (insert your own scale here)

would be good to see a standard octavia VRS plotted against the VR6 power curve from the same day though.

Something like this?

Red is the Corrado, Blue is the Skoda. Solid lines for BHP, dotted for ft lb.

VR6_vRS.jpg

That's a good reference, both seem to be bang on manufacturers figures, you can see why the 1.8T is regarded as dull, high torque to start with that just gradually tails off, so the power curve doesn't rise nicely like the VR and you don't get that feeling that the car is picking up and taking off :D

That's a good reference, both seem to be bang on manufacturers figures, you can see why the 1.8T is regarded as dull, high torque to start with that just gradually tails off, so the power curve doesn't rise nicely like the VR and you don't get that feeling that the car is picking up and taking off :D

That's until they've had a decent remap ;)