Sign in to follow this  
fullpint

What a place to break-down..

Well my Saturday started off ok and then :eek: Firstly for some strange reason my C cut-out whilst reversing off the drive way when heading to Sainsbury's..It started up tho :confused4: Got our shopping and just as I went to pull onto the main A4 round-a-bout the thing cut-out and I managed to roll along a little..Lucky the wife has break-down cover and with in half an hour the car was back home.

Photo-0012.jpg

Photo-0014.jpg

Having last w/end spent 100 quid on leads I thought what could this be :confused4:

A good friend stopped and checked the coil pack :shock: NO SPARKS..So off I went (after the car was taken back home) and got a new coil pack for 40 quid..ALL IS FINE NOW..

Had exactly the same problem with my 2.0 8V about a fortnight ago, the coil packed in 100 yards from home just after setting off for a week-long driving holiday around Scotland!

Luckily I had a spare coil in the garage so it wasn't too much of an inconvenience. Glad you got it sorted anyway :clap:

Had exactly the same problem with my 2.0 8V about a fortnight ago, the coil packed in 100 yards from home just after setting off for a week-long driving holiday around Scotland!

Luckily I had a spare coil in the garage so it wasn't too much of an inconvenience. Glad you got it sorted anyway :clap:

Mine to is a 2.0 8V... :D :D :D

Come on guys. You 2.0 8v lot are supposed to be showing the rest of us up with your reliability and excellent fuel consumption. Try harder next time. :lol:

Come on guys. You 2.0 8v lot are supposed to be showing the rest of us up with your reliability and excellent fuel consumption. Try harder next time. :lol:

Our fuel consumption is good due to the fact that our engines are not running,, :lol: :lol: Still lets hope mine is working well next weekend? On the RR just for a laff..Lets see if my new sparks gives me a load of BHP :D :D

:lol: Its a Corrado! Say no more....

Although I did average 39 mpg on the weeks holiday in Scotland, covering 1214 miles throughout the week, without so much as lifting the bonnet and without any faults whatsoever :norty:

I'm sure it'll make up for it in the weeks to come though! :nuts:

Come on guys. You 2.0 8v lot are supposed to be showing the rest of us up with your reliability

Covering 1214 miles throughout the week, without so much as lifting the bonnet and without any faults whatsoever :norty:

Am i the only person to think that i could do that easily, i know we all say how how unreliable they are but im sure i could easily do that without issue.

Well yeah, its not exactly a feat of outstanding proportions, but compared to some other makes of cars, (like the other one in my signature, before I fitted a modern engine!), its quite an achievement :D

Er, try breaking down in the fast-lane of the M6 at around 4pm in the afternoon......happened to me a few years back when driving back from Northampton after picking up my rado G60.

Er, try breaking down in the fast-lane of the M6 at around 4pm in the afternoon......happened to me a few years back when driving back from Northampton after picking up my rado G60.

Yep Ive done that too, lane 4 of the M6 on a Saturday afternoon.

Last time my crank sensor went so lost all power and power steering, was pretty scary!!

Well my Saturday started off ok and then :eek: Firstly for some strange reason my C cut-out whilst reversing off the drive way when heading to Sainsbury's..It started up tho :confused4: Got our shopping and just as I went to pull onto the main A4 round-a-bout the thing cut-out and I managed to roll along a little..Lucky the wife has break-down cover and with in half an hour the car was back home.

Heh, at least you were close to a well known fast food outlet breaking down on that roundabout!

corrado *Touch wood* hasnt broken down like that

i did however

explode the gearbox on my dads laguna in the fast lane of the M62 at 5:30pm, had to litterally roll across the road to the hard shoulder! i wasnt popular with the other people on the road at that time :)

Heh, at least you were close to a well known fast food outlet breaking down on that roundabout!

What you saw me? :lol: :lol: Take it you know Chippenham then...The only fries I had was a coil :lol: :lol: :lol:

what is it with coil packs, they seem such a weak link in the system, whether they're the multi output packs like on the VR or the single spark plug mounted ones,

my mk4 has got through 2 in five years ,and not the type that VW recalled, wheras I've never had an old style ignition coil ever give up and my valver is 18 years old and still only on it's second ever set of leads.

I thought coil packs were supposed to improve the reliability of the ignition system :shrug: I suppose it saves the huge effort and complex procedure of slotting on a new rotor arm and dizzy cap every now and then :lol:

I suppose it saves the huge effort and complex procedure of slotting on a new rotor arm and dizzy cap every now and then :lol:

Now there's no need to be sarcastic. :lol:

Ya think that's bad? This happened to me a coupla months ago..

Changed gear whilst going over the junction on the dual carriage-way at 3:30pm (very busy) and the clutch decided to go! Got stranded half way round the roundabout! Somehow the car wasn't hit, thank gawd, had to get the coppers out too :lol:

n598665141_5097290_8565.jpg

The amount of abuse I got too from other, poophead drivers too.. :roll:

What you saw me? :lol: :lol: Take it you know Chippenham then...The only fries I had was a coil :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah despite now living 580 miles in a northerly direction I used to live in Trowbridge so know that roundabout fairly well.