Sign in to follow this  
Leonard

Styling advice please as Im bored :D

Right, I am pretty happy with my car the way it is now, however....

I cannot decide wether or not to put the side bump strips back on, I only took em off to begin with as the car was resprayed.

Plus I cannot decide wether to put the VR6 grill badge back on or leave it stealthy. If I do put it back on shall I leave it silver, paint it red or colour code it like my front VW badge and rear Corrado badge? :confused4:

I realise this isnt a particularly interesting thread :lol: But i am a bit bored and may end up doing something just for the sake of it, so any opinions welcome. Just dont tell me I re-sprayed it the wrong colour as thats way too much work :grin:

Cheers for any input

Matt

i like the front as it is and im not sure about the side strips was debating about taking mine off 2moro but think im gonna leave them

My preference with badges is silver VR on front and no VR badge on back.......stealth is best IMO

Any badge in Red is :epicfail: .....sorry I'm bored aswell and wanted to use new tag !

aaaahhh I always wondered were some people got the more interesting Smilies from.....found them and gonna use them now !!

:dance: ....always liked this one......sorry off topic.

personally prefer all standard - chrome badge, silver VR6 badge and black grill. rear all standard - chrome VW, corrado and VR6 badges. a chrome front badge would look better than the colour coded one imo. why leave the VR6 badges off?

Ok so no red badges LOL

Just thought it may look ok with the all red rear lights.

Any thoughts on sidestrips. Anyone taken them off and that put them back on again :grin:

personally prefer all standard - chrome badge, silver VR6 badge and black grill. rear all standard - chrome VW, corrado and VR6 badges. a chrome front badge would look better than the colour coded one imo. why leave the VR6 badges off?

Well that was the idea mate, when I had the car sprayed i was just going to stick new silver badges on.

But when I went to put them on they didnt look right anymore for some reason :confused4: Probably because they clashed with the wheels, lights and de-stripped sides. Im not really sure :scratch:

lightly tack them on and see for yourself :)

i honestly think it will look better with silver badges. and the vr badges back on - i dont think its a stealth option at all!

Mmmm, i would say standard grille with all nice clean chrome badges, and all nice clean chromed badges on the rear also. but saying that the car looks bloody awesome anyway :)

i'm waiting to get my car back so the new 8v badge can go on the rear of mine :lol:

i'm waiting to get my car back so the new 8v badge can go on the rear of mine :lol:

No that is stealthy, love it :norty: :grin:

What about colour coding the side strips?

you should do the handles too

Damn I knew someone would say something that would cost me money lol :grin:

No side strips, and painted badges 8)

DSCN0147.JPG[/attachment:28sqc2h9]

Well as I think your car looks shite hot and as that is how mine is at the mo, shall we just close the thread now LOL :grin:

i like the side strips on, i think the car looks weird without them.

i'd also have the debadged grill with a VR6 badge in silver on it (like mine) 8)

DSC01358.jpg

but its all personnal taste really.

i like the side strips on, i think the car looks weird without them.

i'd also have the debadged grill with a VR6 badge in silver on it (like mine) 8)

That was an option I considered. But I thought it would be rude not to celebrate the fact that it was a VW 8) :grin:

Altho you really should get that number plate surround colour coded ;)

Done mate, painted it gloss black last week :lol:

DSCN0170.JPG[/attachment:c0wdzfvi]

Altho you really should get that number plate surround colour coded ;)

Done mate, painted it gloss black last week :lol:

DSCN0170.JPG[/attachment:otdzv20c]

Damn you that looks spot on as well LOL

think that works very well on that colour - but still of the opinion aqua blue looks best with the chrome badges...

My 2p would be that you go either one way or the other:

1) Colour code as much as possible then chrome highlight the rest i.e. badges n maybe handles and so on

2) De-badge and remove the trim from the whole thing and go for simple, stylish stealth

It's a very personal thing though... :awesome:

Your car looks great no what you decide to do