Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

splitting RK11's, done

just got off the phone after speaking to Dave at JustMatz, he has the bolts i need and the centre caps, and some nice stainless steel valves, so i'm £85 lighter but it will be the finishing touch's, also Dave was sooooo helpfull, i can throughly recommend them for BBS parts.

just been polishing up the rims, and they are coming up a treat :D

done 3 of the alloys and i'm well happy with them :D but why is it on the last alloy one of the bolts has just rounded out :censored: all the other 79 have come out with no problems at all :)

so how would you suggest i get the last one out?? so far i have use a stud extractor to try and get the whole bolt out in one piece, this did not work and its just f****d up the stud extractor, then thought drill out the top of the bolt get the centre off, and then tackle the remaining bit of bolt, so far i have got through 2 drill bits, even an expensive solid carbide drill :shock: what the hell are these bolts made off??

anyone got any clues what to do next??

(should have left them black)

karl

Have you got any Irwins Karl? They should do the job, unless you've not got a bolt head left to get any purchase on?

i havent got any irwins, but theres not enough head on them when new to actually get anything round the head as they sit in the actual centre of the alloy :(

but cheers for the thought Stu.

heres a pic of the offending bolt

RKs001.jpg

and heres a pic of one of the alloys i have done minus the polished bolts/stainless steel valve and new centre cap.

RKs002.jpg

Bummer mate.

I don't know if there is any room to weld on a bolt. Then just use a normal wrench. An inch of weld is supposed to take a ton in weight.

Hope this is a viable option

Ian

Hmmm not sure those extractors will do the trick.

Have you not got a dremel you can put a notch in the bolt with?

If its a steel bolt and you have the room then welding could do the trick!

Lookin at it again is there any room to put a chisel on it and just TWAT the bolt head off with a big lump hammer? :grin:

Karl, I know he's a bit of an Ar$e but try PMing Mike the Polisher on ED sure he'll have a solution?

Have a feeling I rad somewhere the bolts are Titanium on those? But could be wrong and are "just" hi-tensile stainless.

Do these BBS bolts need a specific tool like the othrs? :scratch:

Wheels looking good though!

well they are all polished and painted, i'm happy with my polishing results also :) i haven't fitted the stainless valves as they will be gettig used on my "new" BBS's i bought last week?? yeh i have bought another set of alloys :lol:

what do you think then??

bbs001.jpg

V-Nice, so Karl, how many sets of wheels has this had that haven't seen a/the car and b/the road? :lol:

er that will be 4 sets that either havent seen the car, or been on the car since about august :lol:

V-Nice, so Karl, how many sets of wheels has this had that haven't seen a/the car and b/the road? :lol:

er that will be 4 sets that either havent seen the car, or been on the car since about august :lol:

Wheel Whore! :camp:

Haha, very nice wheels. 4 sets of wheels that havn't seen the car?! thats quite impressive lol, soon you'll have a set of wheels for each day of the week or to suit your mood :lol:

well they are all polished and painted, i'm happy with my polishing results also :) i haven't fitted the stainless valves as they will be gettig used on my "new" BBS's i bought last week?? yeh i have bought another set of alloys :lol:

what do you think then??

bbs001.jpg

Nice job Karl, do the 323's fit behind them without spacer's?

BBS's RC's ? Was that the set on Ebay, If it was, I missed them by half an hour :p :lol:

I have some stainless valves that look like they may fit hose wheels.

Will have a look. Remind me if you dont hear anything

Matt

what do you think then??

bbs001.jpg

Nice job Karl, do the 323's fit behind them without spacer's?

BBS's RC's ? Was that the set on Ebay, If it was, I missed them by half an hour :p :lol:

sorry Bill,

i havent a clue about fitting without spacers yet as i havent got the car back yet :( but as soon as i find out i will let ya no straight away.

and yeh it was the RC's i got, THIS set is staying as i've had 2 sets already and miss them sooooo much after selling them.