Sign in to follow this  
dubweiser

Final verdict.....before i pull it off

Hi guys,just a bit of final advice please.Is it worth replacing the warm air feed to my airbox?Mine has seen better days and im about to take it off cos im finding it hard to fit it to the back of the airbox as its all frayed.Is there an alternative or is it from the steelers?Or as i have searched on the forum,people are saying you dont really need it at all.Thanks

Hi,thats what i thought after reading what other people had said.Just a bit worried,cos it must be there for a reason???Oh yeah im near durham mate!

Hi,thats what i thought after reading what other people had said.Just a bit worried,cos it must be there for a reason???Oh yeah im near durham mate!

This feed helps the engine warm up quicker in low temps.

The feed is shut off when the temps rise by a flap in the airbox.

This feed helps the engine warm up quicker in low temps.

The feed is shut off when the temps rise by a flap in the airbox.

yea works well in Siberia :lol: but in the UK it hardly gets that cold.

Were abouts are ya?

replace it with some metal bendy ducting (a la halfords style) if you must.

It's been -11 in Oxford recently, although it's a lot warmer now!

It's quite effective in the winter. It'll cost you MPG during cold starts if you don't keep that working. Up to you.

I thought about replacing it with something other than the dealer part.So some stuff from halfrauds should do the trick???Any particular type i need to look for?I cant be wasting anymore fuel on cold starts.My car has a very thirsty addiction to the stuff as it is without bein any worse :lol:

i junked this on mine, have been running like that since september and it makes no difference at all to the time taken for the engine to warm up and the MPG hasnt suffered either tbh. If you take it off, unscrew the valve from the airbox and blank off the opening, the valve obstructs the airflow through to the filter quite a lot.