Sign in to follow this  
TimDoc

window motors both packed up at once?!

The order of events:

Firstly, my drivers side wing mirror electrics became a little temperamental, this was at the same time as the driver's window started to run very slowly.

The wingmirror seemed to recover, but this co-incided with both window motors completely stopping working.

The current state of affairs - the windows stopped working whilst they were up - thank goodness?!

If you push the up or down switches then the windows do not move at all, you can hear a click behind the right rear door card panel - this appears to be coming from some electrics there, you can also hear a click coming from the window motor, but no motor protest noises. There is no change if the engine is running and the revs are up.

Can anyone help??? The car will be going into the garage for diagnostics on Tues to see if they can work it out, any help would be appreciated.

Tim

That cliking noise from the door card is the main relay I found that today lol you may just be unlucky mate check fuses but if the relay is clicking it's prob not that sorry to be no help LOL good luck!

I need a black leather passenger side door card desperate they are like rocking horse crap i carnt find one any where please help :censored: :censored: :censored: my latch has broke and have been told you have to brake the door card to fix it.

Tim, are you sure your control module is still working? This has a circuit which controls the windows and another that does the central locking I think. It can be found hidden behind the rear offside doorcard (this will be the clicking you can hear). Definitely worth checking - I didn't even have one!

I need a black leather passenger side door card desperate they are like rocking horse crap i carnt find one any where please help :censored: :censored: :censored: my latch has broke and have been told you have to brake the door card to fix it.

start your own thread mate, you have more chance of someone seeing that you need help. I severely doubt you have to break a doorcard to repair a latch though.

The windows get a bit 'sticky' if not used for a while (usually over winter). Get a friend and with a hand either side of the glass apply a gentle but firm downwards push on the glass when the switch is being pushed down. This freed them up on mine. Once moving they are usually fine.

Post by JMC » 23.02.2009, 17:48

The windows get a bit 'sticky' if not used for a while (usually over winter). Get a friend and with a hand either side of the glass apply a gentle but firm downwards push on the glass when the switch is being pushed down. This freed them up on mine. Once moving they are usually fine.

This happened to my passenger window. I could hear everything working but the window wouldn't move. It would now and again if you slammed the door though. I took the door card off and greased all the window running gear and once the window freed up it worked. Its has been fine for a week or two now. Well worth trying before you replace any parts.

Got the same problem on my drivers side. Same clicking noise tried a new mechanism but still didnt work so guess best try the double handed thingy. and i'll get back to say wether worked or not!

i have the same problem on my G60 at the moment, where it hasnt been touched for 2 years now, they get stuck and run slowly, im sure its down to the grease as said above.

Just to say that greasing the window runners seems to have cured my window problem. It got to a point where my window would not work at all but i could hear the window relay clicking and the window motor was trying to move. The window must have been sticking in the guides. I supppose the motor will not operate the window if there is too much resistance to stop any accidents with fingers and the like so the grease has freed up the window and its been fine now for months. Really pleased that i decided to try this fist because to start with i thought i needed a new motor or there was a break in the wiring loom. Well worth doing even if your windows are fine, i noticed that it has speeded up the windows as well :)

Thought i would update this to help anyone with similar problems using the search. Hope it helps.

if it's not sticky runners, I'd suspect a dodgy earth, as you've had problems with more than one circuit in the same place... ;)