Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Exhaust Weight

Yes, from after the cat backwards the standard VR system weighs in at a hefty 21kg. I weighed mine when I replaced it with my techtonics (9kg).

Ta Mic. Wow that is a drop in weight!

I asked this question because someone is interested in buying a standard exhaust from me, but then asked would i be willing to post to spain!!!!!! :shock: :lol:

Would a courier be willing to deliver an exhaust, not sure how i'd package it, i told the bloke it wont be cheap if it is possible - he's obviously quite desperate.

Would a courier be willing to deliver an exhaust, not sure how i'd package it, i told the bloke it wont be cheap if it is possible - he's obviously quite desperate.

Spotted your exhaust on ebay :grin: I bought a new OEM VR6 exhaust of ebay last september from a private seller paid £80 for it. It was delivered by courier from up north to me down south. from memory I only paid £15 TNT overnite (but the guy may of done it through his company !). Could be hassle your end to send to spain, maybe easier to get the guy to sort his own delivery out for the exhaust if he's that keen !

The exhaust was just wrapped up in bubble wrap and was covered in a cardboard on the front and rear section's. I got the exhaust okay, although there was a dent in the rear box through transit.

Get yourself a quote from inter parcel online to see the cost.

I always wondered how you'd cope posting stuff like that, but it must get done sometimes!

It's heavy to damp vibration and resonance, and that's why it's so quiet. You can't have light weight AND quiet ..

Yes you bloody can. Mic, tell him :D

Ok Kev, Yes you bloody can! :lol:

The techtonics on mine is stock quiet at cruise with a lovely deep note if you put ya foot down, but you just get a nice low burble at idle. I can also vouch for the fact that Kevs (identical system) is even quieter!

Not cheap though, with current exchange rates and delivery you're looking at about £670. Luckily I got mine when it was still £1=$2.

Anyway, back on topic! As for delivery, can't see why it would be a problem as long as it's well packaged. I'd agree with delfinis38 and get the purchaser to organise a courier as then it's his own fault if something goes awol, plus I doubt you'd have any problems at this end and it'll be easier for him to sort at the spanish end.