Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

Illumination of heater controls (late ones)

Hello all

Have noticed that the illumination of the heater controls seems to come from center dial and the two outer ones rely (badly) on this center bulb.

To be fair I haven't pulled it apart to have a closer look and am assuming that it is a single bulb system as I have noticed the same problem in two other C's.

So, is this the case or do I need two more bulbs to get illuminated fully?

Cheers

Phil

No, it's a single bulb system - make sure you've got the highest wattage bulb you can get in the centre dial - you can get different wattages for this type of bulb - I bought a higher wattage one from Halfords and it brightened up the illumination to almost acceptable :-)

Sweet... you'd of thouht they'd have realised that when making them the illumination was sh1te! :roll:

Oh well, looks like I'll have to go down to halfords and chat the fit girl that works there up again! It's a hard life :wink:

:lol: Think she drives a Ford hmmm. Will have to ask her to help me fit it.. just need to move the controls to the back seats 8)

One reason they can be dim is because the optics from the centre ring to the outer ones gets severed if previous owners have fecked about with the controls. I have a passat control panel in mine and illumination is bright and even across all 3 dials with the standard bulb. They're delicate things those control panels!

K

if you have to force anything, it will break. Go easy and it will come apart nicely, without bits flying everywhere.

im gonna get a new bulb for mine too. Only thing s there arent any fit birds working there.. Oh no! just a bunch of spotty gormless nerds! ah well.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to go down to halfords and chat the fit girl that works there up again! It's a hard life

what fit girl i go into the guildford brach all the time where does she work LOL at the front desk ???

Oh well, looks like I'll have to go down to halfords and chat the fit girl that works there up again! It's a hard life

what fit girl i go into the guildford brach all the time where does she work LOL at the front desk ???

Yeah.. which one? I don't, but I might now..

ohhhhhh her i know SHE IS FIT LOL she too my number LOL only for an order lol i remember now bloddy nice any way getting back onto the topic..... lol

but seen her out with her fella!!! gutted mate!!

this allways happens allways the nice ones are allways taken it pisses me off all time!! *sigh*

well i saw her in the wodden bridge fella if u think u r up for a challenge!! think im going 2 have 2 go in and tell her about this place!! she will be shocked! will leave the fat minging one alone tho!

ahaha what are you lot like! Can just confirm thats its the heater controls and not the speed dials we are talking about, because my heater knobs don't light up/illuminate at all in the dark! i just thought they didn't light up or do they?

Yup... tis the bird in the ICE dept! I guess you just have to expect the fit(ish) ones to be taken! She took my number as well but only for an order... probably best she doesn't hear about the forum - I have to go in there again and she knows I've got a corrado :shock: I'd also like to point out that she is fit in comparison to anyone else working in there but by no-means is she dream girlfriend material.

P.S. Female forum users - sorry heater controls has digressed into Halfords bird watch :wink:

ahaha what are you lot like! Can just confirm thats its the heater controls and not the speed dials we are talking about, because my heater knobs don't light up/illuminate at all in the dark! i just thought they didn't light up or do they?

They should light up - defo take them apart to have a look as being one bulb it's prob just blown... mind you when they do work they're more of a token gesture than fully lit controls.