Toad

Music thread...

Got the new Prodigy album- bit too Pendulum for my liking, although it's early days...

funny you should say that, coz most people believe that pendulum started to copy the Prodigy's style. As they started out entirely DnB n now they have more rock and rave influences - like the prodigy always have.

The Prodigy Experience was total rave, Jilted Generation (Awesome!) moved towards a more intelligent sound with more emphasis on the big beats, Fat of the Land went even more Hip Hop re: the beats, and I guess intro'd the more rocky element, which has become a lot more evident. I think you're right- I reckon they've both influenced each other- initially Pendulum by the Prodigy, and now Prodigy by Pendulum! I think the success of the latest Pendulum stuff has made the Prodigy realise they can actually go back and put all those influences together, crank it all up and it will sell.

Not sure if it's for me though! :?

Been revisiting all the old Warp stuff after looking at the Warp20 website.

Listened to Amber by Autechre today for the first time in around 10 years! Fantastic stuff!...

I hooked up the same album the weekend before last too - prompted by a re-watch of an old Top gear from 2006 where Foil from the Amber album cropped up during the Koenigsegg CCX review... Amber's probably still my fave Autechre album, closely followed by Tri Repetae, played at night on a long and quiet motorway 8)

I hooked up the same album the weekend before last too - prompted by a re-watch of an old Top gear from 2006 where Foil from the Amber album cropped up during the Koenigsegg CCX review... Amber's probably still my fave Autechre album, closely followed by Tri Repetae, played at night on a long and quiet motorway 8)

Yep, Amber's my fav too, followed by Incunabula & Tri Repetae. Don't like the newer stuff at all I'm afraid. Maybe I'm missing the point :shrug: Have heard Boards of Canada and Plaid on Top Gear too 8)

My all time fav album has to be Spanners by The Black Dog 8) . You hear something new on every listen. So original, complex yet simple. Could go on... :sleeping:

anyone listening to makina or hardcore could recommend me some english dj? I assisted to a scott brown session at a disco called Pont Aeri here in Barcelona..

any1?

Scott Brown is fantastic, but unfortunately there aren't many good British hardcore Dj's unless you like really cheesy horrible music, Try Marc Smith though - he's pretty good.

I will :D thanks!

Yep, Amber's my fav too, followed by Incunabula & Tri Repetae. Don't like the newer stuff at all I'm afraid. Maybe I'm missing the point :shrug: Have heard Boards of Canada and Plaid on Top Gear too 8)

My all time fav album has to be Spanners by The Black Dog 8) . You hear something new on every listen. So original, complex yet simple. Could go on... :sleeping:

I think the Autechre boys did an Aphex Twin circa Drukqs and finally decided that they were too listenable... it all went a bit awry when Gantz Graf came out - clever video, but sounded like a crashing dial-up modem :cuckoo:

Don't think I've heard Spanners, so I'll go and scope it out...

This morning's commute was fueled by another old favourite David Holmes - This Films Crap Lets Slash The Seats 8)

Jon, thought Chiastic Slide was a travesty after Tri Repetae :( Gantz Graf is unlistenable!

Drop me a PM re: Spanners :wink: Have you got Bytes by Black Dog Productions? Any B12? Bola?

currently listening to 'boards of canada' album check out one of thier tunes called 'dayvan cowboy' really gd chilled track.. :D

Good track 8) Have you seen the video? Defo worth checking out!

the video is kool isnt it, i was up late one night and it was playing on mtv2. been hooked since that day... 8)

if you like them then check out a band called iglomat, very similar and just as good...

Rocket from the Crypt - On A Rope.

Futureheads cover of Hounds of Love.

Some awesome british hip hop, which I don't know what it is or where it came from, but it's on my hard drive...

And what I assume was Mastodon and Crack the Skye on Zane Lowes show tonight as I was feeding the cattle. :shrug:

Rocket from the Crypt - On A Rope.

Futureheads cover of Hounds of Love.

Some awesome british hip hop, which I don't know what it is or where it came from, but it's on my hard drive...

And what I assume was Mastodon and Crack the Skye on Zane Lowes show tonight as I was feeding the cattle. :shrug:

rosket from the crypt, now theres a band i havent heard mentioned in a long long time... doesnt happen to be on that corrosion album does it??

I have the Rocket from the Crypt album, its called Scream Dracula Scream. Its quite good. If you need a copy...

I have also been listening to the best of the Wildhearts recently.

Also Overfiend by Original Sin is a killer tune, can't wait for it to be released so I can rinse it out in my car.

They reformed recently I recall, must have spent all their money.

I think inbetween that a few of them formed a band called 'Honeycrack' ???

They reformed recently I recall, must have spent all their money.

I think inbetween that a few of them formed a band called 'Honeycrack' ???

Never heard of that?! I never really got into them that much I just remeber them being in Kerrang every week when I was about 14! :lol: :D 8)

Wendy wrote:

Global Gathering - Just looked at the website.

WOW ! Prodigy and Orbital are headlining - Fantastic !!

Seriously thinking of going to this now, it's only up the road too !!

You going Dan ?

Dan wrote:

Sure am with the line up looking so good it would be rude not too :-) see you there?

Hell yeh guy's the line up looks pretty swish IMO!! Purchased my ticket as soon as the lineup was announced!! :D

Prodigy, Orbital, Plump DJ's, Stanton Warriors, Scratch Perverts, High Contrast, Tidy Boys, Shapeshifters (which i wasn't too keen on til i seen em live there last yr!!), Yoda, Whitby, Rusko, Caspa, Alex Kidd, Pin Up, Sub Focus, Kutski ARGHHHHH theres too many, its gonna be IMMENSE!!! *explodes* :D :D :D

Oh and regarding the new Prodigy album...

A lot of my mates disregard it, yet i think if you dont like it initially then its a grower! The 2 singles are awesome IMO, and track number 6 "Warrior's Dance" is one of my faves atm.

For a fiver or thereabouts as an mp3 album off Amazon its well worth it!! Although i bought the hard copy coz I think it'd be rude not to!! :)

And those who like their D&B, but not any of that crashy sh*te, try Hospital Records. Cyantific are pretty shit hot! :notworthy:

Laura Marling sounds HAMAMAMAMAMACHEESEAMAZING!

Also, surprisingly, liking the Hungry Ghost off the new Cure album.

Finally, absolutely bumming the arse off Jarvis Cocker - Fat children took my life.

Today I have mostly been listening to mixes:

Recoil - Prey [shotgun Mix]

Garbage - Milk [Wicked Mix feat. Tricky]

La Roux - In For The Kill [skream's let's Get Ravey Mix]

NIN - Every Day Is Exactly The Same [Carlos vs. Sam Fog Mix]

Rammstein - Mein Tiel [You Are What You Eat Mix] :hitler:

...and others.

royksopp - happy up here

incubus - stellar (acoustic)

iglomat - dial wookie

jamiroquai - too young to die

semisonic - secret smile

andrea johnson - glorious (hybrid remix)

the bees - better days

cant recommend the bees enough, local band from the isle of wight and am sure they recorded the album in their shed lol, but seriously guys and gals check out the album its called octopus..

Last few days have consisted of

Bat for Lashes - Two Suns

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!

White Lies - To Life My Life

The YYY's album is brilliant, a bit more electro than their usual but a damn good album.

Prodigy - Invaders Must Die this week in preparation for Prodigy @ MEN tomorrow night