Toad

Music thread...

Dude what did you make of the stuff I gave you on the weekend? :D got to love the funk version of Rage against the machine's killing in the name of! I really liked the Pendulum stuff on there too.

Armand Van Heldon (or however you spell it) played the rage remix closely followed by house of pain jump around at the warehouse project in manchester.... It was AWESOME! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm currently listening to some major old skool stuff!

Eels (previously mentioned) frave track of the mo lucky day in hell "mother grabbed on to the milkmans shirt... Then she finally gave birth" QUALITY LINE!

Currently flicking occasionaly to some old Michael Jackson stuff, Prob something to do with him being all over the news for the right reasons for a change. :lol: Speed deamon, Beat it, Just good friends, In The Closet (hmmmm Michael not the best track name choice) and Human Nature are still great track's...

Other than that i'm quite appreciating old Prodigy. Charlie Out of space and the Narcotic Suite on Jilted Generation...

Chicane's best of album

Northern Exposure (Sasha and Digweed at there best)

also for some unknown reason Jack Johnson.......

Gotta love 10 disc changers! :lol:

Utah Saints - Something Good '08 (Pendulum Remix)

Have you heard the higher contrast mix of that? It's immense!

Also random fact...

The lyrics from something good was sampled from a Kate Bush track.

Just went looking for the old thread where people were putting up whatever they had been listening to recently up, but I think it's been auto pruned. :(

So, any suggestions of what's good at the moment?

I've mostly been into Lamb of God

(Not for the faint hearted ;))

Vampire Weekend

Placebo Linky

MGMT Linky

And a bit of Mistabishi Linky

big fan of Mistabishi, since i herd em on the hospital pod casts :clap:

Anyone going here this summer? http://www.globalgathering.co.uk/

haha global ftw, i went in 07, cracking weekend. best m8 got a bit messy tho so had to look after him for most of it.

seeing faithless play an open air aoustic set was something else, and evil nine was awesome!

This forum just keeps getting better and better:D

I didnt think every one on here would like decent music but iv been prooved wrong.

Im a very big heavy metal :evilbat:

Slipknot is one of the best to listen to when driveing along with sepultura, soulfly, chimaira anything fast heavy and will scare the crap out of any boy racers in the crapy little saxo's and there anoying techno.

Dont get me wrong i do love a bit of drum and bass but some of the stuff they listen to is rubish, a fart has more musical attributes.

Global Gathering - Just looked at the website.

WOW ! Prodigy and Orbital are headlining - Fantastic !! :D

Seriously thinking of going to this now, it's only up the road too !!

You going Dan ?

Global Gathering - Just looked at the website.

WOW ! Prodigy and Orbital are headlining - Fantastic !! :D

Seriously thinking of going to this now, it's only up the road too !!

You going Dan ?

Sure am with the line up looking so good it would be rude not too :-) see you there?

big fan of Mistabishi, since i herd em on the hospital pod casts :clap:

Hospital records podcasts are immense.... Well worth subscribing too...

Seein Prodigy at MEN on 10th April, can't wait for that...jst been listening to The Experience, classic album!!

Apt, given today's date... but I stumbled across an electronic artist called 'Irish' today - who is in fact no way Celtic bearing in mind he comes from Nagasaki?!?!

...anyways, long story short he has half a dozen tracks available as free downloads at last.fm, so check 'em: http://www.last.fm/music/Irish

Otherwise I have gone all electronicladylovin' and am currently spinning La Roux, Little Boots, Lykke Li, Bjork, Ladyhawke and Ladytron.

I thankee. :tongue:

On L's today then Jon?

I must get some LadyHawke in my life.

Been listening to all sorts again. Making mix cds to give to mates and stuff...

I may be behind the times a little here but I've only just discovered the Spotify online choose you own radio website, how effing brilliant is that? You can't download but the qualitly's very good and if you have a sound recorder....... :D Oh and it's all free!!!

ladyhawke album is great, bought it as a punt given it was a fiver

also really like black kids having seen em support the kaisers a few weeks back

love the new prodigy ablum a return to form, gutted last year as had tickets and couldn't get to see em, so need to get some tickets

On L's today then Jon?

I must get some LadyHawke in my life.

Been listening to all sorts again. Making mix cds to give to mates and stuff...

Ha... hadn't noticed the L's link, what a dumbass! :cuckoo:

I can bring you along a copy of Ladyhawke as minor compensation for having your torx spanners for so long - are you doing the CCGB AGM or Fishers Pond?

Ooooh, copy of Ladyhawke would be good... Cheers! Not going to the AGM but I will be at Fishers Pond. :)

anyone listening to makina or hardcore could recommend me some english dj? I assisted to a scott brown session at a disco called Pont Aeri here in Barcelona..

any1?

New Prodge album!!!!! :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :onfire: :onfire: :turn-l: :turn-l: :silly: :silly:

anyone listening to makina or hardcore could recommend me some english dj? I assisted to a scott brown session at a disco called Pont Aeri here in Barcelona..

any1?

Scott Brown is fantastic, but unfortunately there aren't many good British hardcore Dj's unless you like really cheesy horrible music, Try Marc Smith though - he's pretty good.

Been revisiting all the old Warp stuff after looking at the Warp20 website.

Listened to Amber by Autechre today for the first time in around 10 years! Fantastic stuff! Also Laughable Butane Bob by AFX, everything by The Black Dog/BlackDog Productions, Boards of Canada, Black Sea by Drexciya, Uland by Plaid, Aftermath by Nightmares on Wax, LFO, Aphex Twin, Speedy J etc etc!

Other than that, been listening to some jazz funk- Idris Muhammad (one like a star etc) & Roy Ayers.

Got the new Prodigy album- bit too Pendulum for my liking, although it's early days...

Jon, I'll give Irish a listen too 8) *Edit* Just had a quick listen- like it! Have downloaded the tracks for a proper listen tomorrow 8)