Sign in to follow this  
fla

Ding/dent removal using dry ice?

I've got a few car park dings unfortunately right oin teh door crease where some donut has slammed his door into mine. I've heard about using dry ice to get these out. Anyone had any experience of this mehod? Apparently the dent is warmed up until hand hot and then a piece of dry ice is placed on the dent for a few minutes and by the rapid contraction it pops out. sometimes needs a few goes. BTW, where can you get dry ice from?

There are quite a few vids of this on youtube. Would like to have a go myself, Had a search for where you can get it and seems to be mainly for scientific uses and in large quants. In the good ol USA they sell it in supermarkets.

Had half a dozen dings along the crease over the years and its never been a problem for any of the dent guys i've asked so give them a try first :?

i tried it without success but it was a very big dent, but then so are the ones that the youtube guys seem to fix. :shrug:

It wouldn't work with our cars, the panels are too thick! Plus the bump literally has to just be a push in that can pop out. When you watch the videos the panel is flimsy as hell and the dent is just a 'popped in' dent which pops out.

Mmm. Ok. Are Dentmasters any good then? Or are there any other recommended ones? Almost every man and his dog are doing PDR now.

Mmm. Ok. Are Dentmasters any good then? Or are there any other recommended ones? Almost every man and his dog are doing PDR now.

Id pop into your local prestige car dealer and see who they use.

They tend to have someone local to tidy up dents and paint on used motors.