Sign in to follow this  
DUBST4R

Need Info on 60K service for the VR

VR has just hit over 60kmiles, can anyone plz tell me what the 60K mile service entails, apart from the obvious oil and filter change, which has already been carried out.

I have read that the serpentine belt should be replaced, is this the main drive belt for the alternator?

Thanks

hi, if you can wait till 2nite i can check on autodata for you, send u the list .

casual :wave:

Not lot more you can do, plugs if not done for couple of years. Coolant change.

Thorough brake check etc

I'll give that a look over, thanks guys, if theres anything else i need to know plz do enlighten me.

Thanks

Hey Casual, nice one for the info, is helpful, but one thing i didn't understand; there was a mentioning of an additional charge for the timing belt part, I am aware the VR is chain driven, so the belt change part wouldn't be applicable.

Hey Casual, nice one for the info, is helpful, but one thing i didn't understand; there was a mentioning of an additional charge for the timing belt part, I am aware the VR is chain driven, so the belt change part wouldn't be applicable.

That is why i don't take my car to VW anymore :lol:

Unless you are very lucky and find a knowledgeable and ususally slightly more mature mechanic working there then they have probably never even seen a Corrado before.

Still no excuses as the current V6 engines also use chains of course

yeah i did pick up on the ol' timing belt but as i was doing a dodgey print screen as it doesnt let you copy and paste from autodata. most of the things on autodata are pretty general tho. still pretty good stuff used it many a time. you can buy it, not sure how much it is, you can get book or software. i got mine through a legitimet source of course.

but if you guys need anything off it just give me a shout

casual :wave: