Sign in to follow this  
iandavidcassidy

vr6 miles to a tank?

Just wordering what you guys get out of a tank. I get 18 - 28mpg on the screen, but lets talk in real figures.

On a full tank (£40) how many miles are you getting out of the vr6? (i get 250)

£40?? Try £52+ mate. 15 gallons @ circa £3.60!

If you're getting 250 miles per tank, that's 16.6mpg. 250 miles for £40 = 22.5mpg

You need to be sure of your reference point when doing it the 'old fashioned way'!

My VR has given 483 miles per tank, which equates to around 32mpg

K

ah - well £40 = 22.5mpg. seems as if me computer is working then, it's the exact same average.

22.5mpg! thats living in london for ya, hardly get much over 20mph. wonder what i'll get back to wales tonight, 300miles of motorway heaven! is it true that 69mph is the most economical speed to travel at. (not that i'll do it)

The most economical speed is at the lowest possible revs in top gear without the engine labouring, so about 40ish in 5th in the VR.

The Government use 56mph as one of their reference points for mpg and take that as being the 'official' speed for measurement.

If you're sensible with the motion potion pedal, your engine will return figures in the low to mid 30s.... VR6s like a good long journey. Make sure you give it some beans to blow away all the carbon that has accumulated from pottering around London.

K

I've got to find the fueling station that you use if you fill the tank for £40 :shock:

My VR does about 360 - 400 out of a tank which is a mix of town (traffic) and motorway cruising. The MFA usually averages about 26 mpg which I think it pretty good :D

I get 32 mpg on the faster roads like the A4 or A40 out of London

The most economical speed is at the lowest possible revs in top gear without the engine labouring, so about 40ish in 5th in the VR.

The Government use 56mph as one of their reference points for mpg and take that as being the 'official' speed for measurement.

If you're sensible with the motion potion pedal, your engine will return figures in the low to mid 30s.... VR6s like a good long journey. Make sure you give it some beans to blow away all the carbon that has accumulated from pottering around London.

K

Spot on Kev - I take the VR once a week to work as a treat and I rarely get above 60 or below 40mph and I return circa 35-36mpg with ease....

I get around 28-30 doing a mix of Motorway and A road. I keep meaning to try to get the most economical trip (100 miles a day) I can but the sound of the motor above 4 grand and the joy of acceleration is just too irresistable. :D :D

I have the joy of doing 15 miles a day commute (in two halves, obviously), so I see around 24-26 mpg "normally".. Even less when it's *very* cold in the mornings. On a long run on the motorway, sure, I'll see 29-32mpg depending on my speed.. :D

i've had over 4oo miles to a full tank on a long cruise - and i wasn't doing the speed limit if you know what i mean... :lol: but then it does cost me £50 a tank and not £40..???

I recently did a Cardiff-London-Cardiff 300 mile round trip, didn't hold back much (but traffic did govern some of the journey) and 2/3 of the tank was used..that makes it roughly 30 mpg. (10 gallons to do 300 miles) (ish)

I'd settle for that this time of year.

PS. did they make different size fuel tanks? ...and what does VAG and VAGCOM stand for?

VAG - Volkswagen Audi Group (Gruppe)

dunno what the COM bit stands for *exactly*, but a wild guess suggests it's something to do with COMputer diags.

All VR6s (and the rest of the later cars) had a 15 gallon tank, earlier cars had a 12 gallon.

I suspect iandavidcassidy fills up before it's down to the smell of an oily rag, unlike the rest of us who squeeeeeze £55 worth in at the last possible minute.

(A mate of mine actually managed to run out of fuel on a downhill stretch of the motorway and managed to coast all the way into the services, around the slip roads, and up to a petrol pump... Jammy git!)

Filled up the tank and did a 340 mile journey to Glasgow this week (all motorway bar 30 miles). According to the MFA I averaged 70 mph and dead on 30 mpg which seems about right and still have about a quarter of a tank left.

well - i'm back from wales, 300 miles there then cost me £37 to fill back to brim, anyone think thats good or bad?

i was seeing 29-32 mpg at 100mph all the way which i think is good, but after 3oo mile there was no way i was gonna get another 100 out like most of you seem to.

god dam expensive v6!

well - i'm back from wales, 300 miles there then cost me £37 to fill back to brim, anyone think thats good or bad?

i was seeing 29-32 mpg at 100mph all the way which i think is good, but after 3oo mile there was no way i was gonna get another 100 out like most of you seem to.

god dam expensive v6!

At 100mph Im not surprised......

god dam expensive v6!

Should be able to.....if it took £37 to fill up, there was just over 4 gallons left in the tank according to my calculations. 4 x 25+mpg will give you your 100+ miles :lol:

K