Sign in to follow this  
ZippyVR6

Is this car polisher any good?

yes its a good polisher but i would used the supplied polishing pads !!

and if you have not used a machine polisher b4 dont use the lambswool mop either that bad boy will cut through your paint very quickly :mad2:

I contacted one of these online detailing products sellers and they recommended me a Meg's yellow foam pad with a suitable sized screw in back thingy. Seems to do the trick fine. I haven't used the lambswool thing. I can't help think it'll get clogged and become useless very quickly. I always remove the products by hand with a polishing cloth which I can shake and turn frequently

Great price - I think it's time to invest in one of these!

This is what I use. The standard foam pads don't last long, they just shred up as soon as you hit anything other than a flat surface! I use a megs backing plate and megs polishing pads (the peach coloured one (soft), yellow (medium) and red (hard)) and they work a treat!

Practise first though before trying with your own paint. It's not too hard though, you would have to be using some really harsh polish at a pretty high speed to burn the paint!

I found I always have to do about 2 or 3 passes with the Poorboys stuff on the C so as you say you'd have to be going hell for leather to burn the paint. However, I used it on my mates' gfs' Suzuki biscuit tin and one pass was all it took to get rid of some pretty nasty hedgerow scuffs. Apaprently VAG paint is pretty hard :shrug:

I found I always have to do about 2 or 3 passes with the Poorboys stuff on the C so as you say you'd have to be going hell for leather to burn the paint. However, I used it on my mates' gfs' Suzuki biscuit tin and one pass was all it took to get rid of some pretty nasty hedgerow scuffs. Apaprently VAG paint is pretty hard :shrug:

Yeah VAG paint is solid stuff, it would take you all day to burn it, Jap paint on the other hand (especially Honda) would melt like butter if not careful! Similar case with Alfas, I once gave a mates Alfa a once over and it removed pretty much every defect from the paint with very little effort, where as VAG cars I have polished take bloody ages!!

Yeah VAG paint is solid stuff, it would take you all day to burn it, Jap paint on the other hand (especially Honda) would melt like butter if not careful! Similar case with Alfas, I once gave a mates Alfa a once over and it removed pretty much every defect from the paint with very little effort, where as VAG cars I have polished take bloody ages!!

And when you coming round to do mine Rob? :wave: