Sign in to follow this  
g60pm

G60 Boost gauge

Anyone got a boost gauge, particularly a Revotec one ? I cant get mine to work and wanted to know if anyone has a cure ?

There are two points that I know off for attaching your tube to, one after the ECU going to the dash (using Y or T peice) or after the throttle body there is a small pipe coming out. Go to the below link and this shows you how VW test the output simply wire you gauge up under the hood and try then install if it is working. When I fitted mine I thought the unit was screwed as it wouldnt boost but when I nailed it on the on road 11psi :) Was late at night and the nieghbours would not be impressed with me :p

http://www.corradoclub.it/videos/gCharger.wmv

that videos brilliant, very useful.

love them yanks, "Vee Dubya"

Thera

i aint got a boost guage YET - but im gonna be lookin for a dash mounted one - no fast and furious big mo fo ones, just a quality subtle one - anyone got any suggestions other than autometer - also gonna need a pod for it 2!!

sorry to hijack your thread! 8)

Got my from Demon tweeks its a Tim gauge cost £30 plus i got a pod for it as well for £8. its sits on the dash far right corner near door pillar! looks good and neat to :D

I ve got a Nomad one -30psi - +30 psi white back dial, very subtle and good quality got mine from ssc performance in st albans £45 I think it was.

g60pm i see your from E Sussex same here 8) where abouts are you? :)

Im in Sunny Hastings fella ! You ?

There are two points that I know off for attaching your tube to, one after the ECU going to the dash (using Y or T peice) or after the throttle body there is a small pipe coming out. Go to the below link and this shows you how VW test the output simply wire you gauge up under the hood and try then install if it is working. When I fitted mine I thought the unit was screwed as it wouldnt boost but when I nailed it on the on road 11psi :) Was late at night and the nieghbours would not be impressed with me :p

http://www.corradoclub.it/videos/gCharger.wmv

Yeah thats where i have mine connected, and i have disconnected the pipe from the gauge and whilst im driving along i give it some welly and there is a high airflow so i know the plumbing is good !! I think the gauge is faulty, i know my charger should read at least 0.6 to 1bar.....

Yeah thats where i have mine connected, and i have disconnected the pipe from the gauge and whilst im driving along i give it some welly and there is a high airflow so i know the plumbing is good !! I think the gauge is faulty, i know my charger should read at least 0.6 to 1bar.....

Would be a safe bet that its your gauge then seen as you are hearing the air flow. Dont know how big your connector is but one thing we thought about trying was with a foot pump was attaching the gauge to it and pumping till we got a reading. Very crude I know but may work.

g60pm i see your from E Sussex same here 8) where abouts are you? :)

Im in Sunny Hastings fella ! You ?

8) im in uckfield area not to far from hastings :)