Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

Problems removing the front bumper - 95 VR6 (have searched)

Just started to pull the Corrado apart, for quite a bit of "overhaul", but having some problems removing the bumper.

I'v removed 4x bolts going into the frame (2 on each side).

Also removed the bolts holding the lower black lip, and removed the "iron clip list" holding it.

What else am I missing, and do I have to remove the headlights? (I'v removed on one side).

Any info/pics regarding this would be great, hoping to get the front of this evening....:)

did you undo the 2 screws which hold the wheel liner to the bumper? You should also remove the 2 plastic "trays" which are attached to the underside of the bumper as well (2 screws in each I think). You might just need to use a small bit of force to get the bumper loose. Mine was tight but it came out easy enough once I got it to move a small bit. Then it should slide forward and off. Just disconnect the lights in the bumper then.

When I removed my bumper I was removing the whole front from the car so I had already removed the grill and the headlights but I don't think you need to do so.

Paddy.

Is the front bumper attached to the arch liners? Cant remember from memory.....

The lights DO NOT have to come out for bumper removal.

*Edit - beaten to it !! :lol:

Remove the four outer m10 bolts.

Then there will be a two plastic arch trims that you will need to unscrew from the front splitter.

Then once they are done get your head underneath and look at the back edge where the splitter bolts to the bumper,there are 5-6 10mm headed bolts,you need to remove these.

Then grab each corner of the bumper and give it a tug as it lips over the arch linner,once its on the moove make sure to disconect the fogs and indicators.(and outside air temp depending on model)

thnx guys, figured it out, I was 100% sure there was only 2 bolts per side, but there is also a 13mm holding the cross member, I had removed the 13mm and one of the 17" was still in there.........well, it came out...:)

cheers!

How would one go about removing the support bends for the radiator (the 2 ones going thru the top of the "front"...), and do one have to undo anything on the radiator before the "top of the front" comes of?.

if you mean those two support L shape bracket things that you can see on the slam panel with a bolt each going through them then all you need to do is undo the bolts and pull the brackets upwards and thats the radiator loose.

ok, thnx, what I thought but they sat so hard that thought I should check first, before wrecking anything...:)

After some more persuasivnes they came out....:)

Now I see I will not be able to remove all of the front, due to the A/C system, so guess I will have to undo the A/C compressor from the block to get this thing out of there....:)