Sign in to follow this  
PaulMoVR6

Running Problems

Driveing my corrado vr6 today as i took off from a roundabout i heard like a poping noise and the car started to run like a bag of sh#t this is the third time it has done it, so this afteernoon i got the car pluged in2 VAG-COM and there was no faults showing, the first time it done it the camshaft sensor was at fault the second time i changed the fuel fillter and that seemed to do the trick i thought it could have something to do with the timmeing chains but my mechanic was adamant that this was not the case and that they dont need changed but iam not so sure :confused4: , iam going to clean the fuel pump and probally change the fillter again and check the plugs, anyone who has got any advice is much appreciated, sorry for posting this again.

thanks

paul

my ht leads are not even a year old, i had the coilpack off a few weeks ago and it looked fairly new and was in good condition but theres no harm in checking again.

cheers

what i had with mine is it worked great and then at a hint of wet/damp weather even if i washed the car it would run on 5 cylinders for a day

or 2 then would be ok again if you have a spray bottle fill it with sone water and with the engine running mist some water on the coil pack

if it stops running correctly its the coil pack (mine used to arc like mad but to look at it it did not really look damaged !!

Heresites's VR was doing the same thing last weekend. I checked his plugs and they had a gap big enough to put your c0ck into. Stuck some new ones in and she pulled cleanly and smoothly again.

Might not be linked to your problem, but worth a look.

Check also the plastic canister under the throttle body (idle valve noise damper) isn't split.

I checked his plugs and they had a gap big enough to put your c0ck into.

Your c0ck maybe Kev ;) :lol:

Not sure whats more worrying here, the use of genitals as a spark plug gaping tool, the size of the aforementioned genitalia or that one of you knows the size of the other ones baby making equipment. :D

Not sure whats more worrying here, the use of genitals as a spark plug gaping tool, the size of the aforementioned genitalia or that one of you knows the size of the other ones baby making equipment. :D

:rofl:

Well, the forum's been so grumpy of late, I thought I'd inject a bit of c0ck :D

What you two do in your spare time should stay between you! :pukeright:

And they didn't see us lying under the car together, grunting and groaning, struggling with your big pole :lol:

:lol: yeha good job they didn't see that! My pole was a struggle, And the lube didn't seem to help much either!

And they didn't see us lying under the car together, grunting and groaning, struggling with your big pole :lol:

:lol: yeha good job they didn't see that! My pole was a struggle, And the lube didn't seem to help much either!

I dunno these Poles get everywhere these days, what was his name?

I always recommend lube, unless it specifies a dry loading :eek:

so its worth checking the plugs? whats the easyest way of getting the ht leads off the top of the plugs i dnt have the little tool to get them off.

cheers

....or the amount of ways you describe the aforementioned genitalia.... Some sort of obsession coming to the fore maybe??