Sign in to follow this  
scarlett

The G60 Press Car - anyone got pics?

Ive had a trawl through loads of stuff online but I can't find what I am looking for.

Does anyone have a copy of the pic or a link to the pic/article/advert with the original white G60 in it? I seem to remember the G60 press car was a white one. Only asking as just came across a white G60 that is supposed to have been the first G60 imported and sold into the UK and just wondering if its the same car. Or does anyone know anythinga bout the 1st G60 that was on the road.

Ta Muchly!!

Sorry - I should have said its RHD and has all the paperwork to show it was bought in Paris and imported to the UK. Its an H plate though which I would have thought was a bit late....?

Sorry - I should have said its RHD and has all the paperwork to show it was bought in Paris and imported to the UK. Its an H plate though which I would have thought was a bit late....?

Nope there were no RHD G60s on a G plate.

As for if it is the earliest/first one that will come down to the VIN more than anything else. I would expect the first RHD UK car would have gone to MK for use as a press car though.

H-plate was the first of the RHD G60 in this country,if it was bought in Paris then I can't see why it would be the first VW press G60(as surely VW wouldn't have had to have bought it in Paris??),unless it was shown at the paris motorshow perhaps

Owner bought it direct from MK and still has the MK dealers plates on it and I think the reciept for the sale is there too....

Car is completely original and immaculate.

ETA - doing some digging through history and VW ordered it via Paris, it was shipped to MK then collected by owner direct from them... apparently....

any idea if the VIN no could be checked to confirm this....?

how long did VW have it at MK for?,as they normally keep their press cars a while so that all the mags/motoring journos get their mitts on it,the only Press RHD G60 i remember is the blue one used with the Polo G40 and photographed with a Vought Corsair WW2 fighter-plane

Dunno... looking through paper work now to see if it makes sense....

TBH only checking this out for my own Corrado Geekiness...! Would be uber cool if it was as its stock standard and has been well looked after....

I'm 99% certain I had press pics of a white G60 when I was a kid.... (which in itself is a bit sad, but....)

Top Gear one was indeed silver. Wasn't there a white one on the stand in that video clip though..?

I'm sure Tiff tested a red G60 on Top Gear?

I sure I remember the one on Top Gear being silver? :scratch:

silver

and on the stand it looks silver to me too