Sign in to follow this  
belfastfumanchu

Your Insurance Cost For Your Corrado

Just checked on Elephant with lowered, replacement alloys(which I haven't got yet!), exhaust and filter

NO EXCESS - £544.

Age 36, 1 no fault claim, LN5 postcode.

Their cover only replaces items to a standard state.

Got a quote from Adrian Flux £561 but a £300 excess. Their cover replaces the modded items with a like for like

i dont know why they wanted £650 excess but you know how it goes i wanted insurance NOW.

i will take acloser look next time.

the main problem i had was every insurance co i phoned said VW never made an auotmatic corrado vr6 so i had to go with the only one (churchills)that would take it !

anyone else heard of this ?

29, 6yrs ncb, 1 no fault claim last yr (which some insurers count against you), parked on the street in north london, protected no claims, clean licence, fully comp, £571 with bell direct, was same price as elephant. bell would have done it for £450 if i hadn't had the claim last year... it made no difference to elephants quote.

oh and i added my mum as a named driver, she's retired - and it brought the price down by £80!! :D it makes some difference with some insurers and not with others.

I'm 23 with 5yrs NCB and I'm paying £880 TPFT at the min with mods declaired and a CAT1 alarm, oh and it's garaged.

But after the X-Flow goes in it's going upto about £930.

£630 fully comp with named driver, agreed value

Car valued at £6000.

27yrs old, 7yrs NCB

1989 Corrado 16V, 28 Years old and full no claims discount, no mods(declared) and clean licence.

Churchill cost me £337 but I could of had it for 300 ish with Elephant.co.uk but didnt want the hassle of changing for 30 quid!!

Hate insurance companys and never pay for anything I dont need as they will only try and screw you over anyway.

Therefore always T.P.F.T for me and I will take my chances without Comp or protected NCD. :twisted:

Rang Brentacre,

Been offered a Guaranteed No claims Discount (As many claims as you need without affecting your policy!), all mods like for like, with a 350 Excess for £500.

I can chip and pulley it, for another £120.

Thats for a 36 year old, no points, 1 'no fault' claim but 8+ years no claims.

Seems the best so far for me!

Mine is currently just over a grand for a standard G60 TPFT! I haven't got any no-claims because I've been on company insurance since I was 17.

Can anyone beat my highest quote of £30,000 (Yes I have put the right amount of 0's in)??

Can anyone beat my highest quote of £30,000 (Yes I have put the right amount of 0's in)??

£30K?!? what were you trying to insure, a twin jet powered Bugatti conversion or something?!? :shock:

£30K surely they would just refuse to insure.

Corrado VR6, Fully Comp, 24 yrs old, 3 points for speeding, 5 years NCB, £860

with tesco....

Yeah you'd have thought they'd have just said if they didn't want to insure me. Suppose something could have gone wrong with the system as well.

VR6, 24 and im paying £525 Fully Comp prtected i was surprised when i got the quote from tescos and thats with mod's. Alltho they want an extra £250 to have new weels on the car so they can poke it for the time i have left with them....

HELP!! HELP !! HELP!! Will some of you Please Please Please tell me some of the names of were you are insured im 25 from newcastle, no points been driving for 4 years, 1 yrs ncd i was quoted nearly 2k for mine, its only an 1800 16V on a G plate i nearly crapped myself, let me know so i can spend the money on the car, not those thieving tw*ts

Ok,

Just got my renewal through for my insurance. I want to see if I can get it any cheaper than Elepahant.co.uk quote. So far I have decided to check:

HIC

Greenlight

Chris Knott

Adian Flux

Tesco

Bell Direct

Brentacre

nearly 26 yrs old

5 years NCB

1991 G60 with mods

Can anyone suggest any other companies for me to try?

Cheers,

BigEastsidevWG60

Hmmmn,

Chris Knott wouldn't quote me, Brentacre £652, Tesco £714, Greenlight £735.16, Elephant.co.uk (currently insure me) £572, Belldirect £512.31 :D

Still waiting for Adrian Flux and HIC to get back to me,

BigEastsideVWG60

I just got my renewal in as well from elephant, £938.70. i went to the Bell direct and Admiral websites and got quotes of £917 and £928.

I then emailed this back to elephant and now theyve just got back to me with a quote of £851.20 8)

Well happy considering last years was £1685 :shock:

Just done the dreaded insurance renewal and managed to get fully comp with Chris Knott for £569.50 for a G60 with no mods 4 years ncb and im 25 with 5 points.

Bit better than adrian flux renewal premiumwhich were £675 originally

Churchill quoted me £1195!!

Oh and i managed to save £50 just by ringing back and forth with my exsisting insurer and chris Knott

Has anybody thought about getting classic insurance? as long as the corrado is a second car and your over 25 and no points (Bugger got to wait until 2006 for me.) then it should be cheaper. (girlfriends got a beetle on Classic 22, 1 years ncb 1300cc £164 fully comp on £3000 agreed value!! :evil: )

Oh forgot to say thanks for the info in this topic. I did`nt even know Chris Knott existed before looking here.

Cheers :lol:

£870 from Adrian Flux, fully comp, excess of £450. (although the premium was more like £970 when you add on the interest from DD payments throughout the year).

Car is VR6 with Koni coilovers. It MUST have a cat2 minimum alarm (which I'll have to fit). I'm 23 years old, 5 years NCB, clean license.

Half the insurers wouldn't cover me, said I had to be over 25. Most ridiculous quote was from my previous insurer, Endsleigh, who said £2500.

~Matt.

Esure

wife+self (well over 50s)

market value (anybody got any comments on this - personally i dont think it will be great)

annual mileage 2500

ncd protection

7yrs no claims

£231

31, wife and kids living in a fairly rural area in Sheffield, no no-claims bonus cos been on wifes insurance with our galaxy cos up until a couple of years ago i had 6 points on for doing silly speeds on M18, my C's a 1.8 16v which i have on a classic policy so im limited to mileage but how about £114 a year :lol: norwich union direct, ideal if you have your C as a toy and not your everyday mode of motoring