Sign in to follow this  
Pat_McCrotch

Corrado comradery ;)

I'd just like to give credit where it is due to Tom (Toad) and Jim (Jim) for saving a fellow Corrado owner yesterday :) It was a typical example of Corrado comradery in action :salute:

Basically, me and Steve (supercharged) were heading to Tom's for the Stoner BBQ/Camp Site when my 4 branch coolant hose on the VR6 decided to blow itself a 3 inch gash at 80mph six miles from Tom's :censored: Bear in mind this was my first day of Corrado ownership; the wiper linkage also packed up 300 yards after leaving the sellers house :cry:

Anyway, after a quick call to Tom at the Corrado base camp (we didn't have a clue where we were!) within 20 minutes he was in his valver with Jim , a 4 branch hose from his VR6 and a bottle of G12++ :notworthy: Luckily, I had also made the (wise) choice to bring some coolant just in case so within 30 minutes of the hose exploding we were back on the road thanks to the efforts of Tom. He even fitted it as well! (because I'm useless at mechanics ;) )

I cannot thank him enough for getting me back of the road and turning a potential nightmare of a day into something more pleasant. Especially after we had got back on the road and polished off some Lamb Burgers at the farm! :wink:

So, thanks Tom and Jim :)

I didn't do anything - I just passengered with Tom for the hell of it! Tom was your life saver... you're his wife now! ;)

I didn't do anything - I just passengered with Tom for the hell of it! Tom was your life saver... you're his wife now! ;)

:lol: he'd do anything to marry a bloke i'm sure :lol: :lol:

Heh, more like female dog..

Yeah Toad is a bit of a leg end.

Never had the 'pleasure' to have met the Toad, but that still doesnt stop me having fear and admiration for him in equal measure :lol:

A tale to bring a tear to your eye on a Monday morning

Super Toad to the rescue!

So how many reach arounds did he charge for the pleasure of being rescued by him and Jim? :wink: :lol:

No worries Neil, it's quite handy having a mound of corrados lying around. :)

Hope you're enjoying the car. :D

Sounds like it all kicked off after I left... typical! :roll:

It was good to meet everyone albeit briefly on Saturday arvo, about time I guess. 5+ years since I bought a rado, 3+ since I sold it...!