Sign in to follow this  
Chris Langdon

side mouldings

hello all,

my side mouldings have gone grey and the driver's door mouldings is no longer available well the driver doors is it! ive put different products on it to try and bring it back (autoglym plastic conditioner megs own version) and nothing seems to bring it back.

anybody got any ideas or suggustions or maybe have a spare drivers door side moulding that is still black and would like to sell it!

many thanks

Chris L :)

Never tried it personally but people do recommend it - I imagine the oils in the peanut butter soak into the trim.

i tried this last weekend 59p betterbuy peanut butter all my trim is now black not grey :D

Thats a bugger, I'm allergic to peanuts :gag: Will have to stick to the Carplan black wax, works pretty well, apply on a warm day and leave it on,improves with regular use :)

Allergy? What were you planning to apply the peanut butter with? :scratch:

:lol: Just have to smell it and I swell up, hmmmm, got me thinking now, could use my special tool :lol:

carefull use of a hot air gun, heating the trim up makes it black :clap: and then apply product to keep it up. Or so i have been told before lol

Trouble with heating the trim up is it draws more of the oils out of the trim gradually compounding the problem over time.

Linseed oil should work - can't do any harm to try :lol: 8)

post if it worksm - might do this myself sometime.

Autoglym do a black dye, comes in a spray can and gives a really good finish (especially on textured plastic), never seen it in shops but you can get it online.

Rich

I bought some pure peanut oil off ebay not dear bout £6 inc p&p!! Works a treat all grey plastic areas now black and if its better than peanut butter like I imagine it will be then I wont be doing it till the after the summer hopefully :D

Highly recommended and cheaper than back to black and other after market cons!!!!!!

Mer tyre and bumper gel is pretty long lasting. Looks gross but goes on well.