Sign in to follow this  
dutchboy

which vag com

Lift the gear lever surround and you'll see the connectors. You probably need the 2x2 connector, but don't expect to find any engine fault codes, just ABS ones on the 16v.

I don't think there is an ECU reset for the 16v... There is one for the VR, but that's a far more complex ECU.

What's the issue??

Think you'll have to 'unmess' with the mixture screw - there isn't a magical fix unfortunately :(

hmm, well to help me I know I need to take a reading from the plug on the side of the metering head but cannot find out what that reading should be!!

Can anyone help?

Disconnect the breather from the front of the block.

Disconnect the small hose going to the valve at the rear of the airbox. This is approx 5mm dia, and you will need to disconnect the electrical connection to get easier access. Once the hose is disconnected, re-connect the electrical connection.

Connect an ammeter in series with the differential pressure regulator (electrical connection on the engine side of the airbox)

Switch ignition on, the current should be between 90mA and 110mA. If it is a negative reading, swap the +ve and -ve ammeter connections around to get a +ve reading.

Start the engine and alow to settle for 30-60 secs. The ammeter reading should be fluctuating. The allowable range of the fluctuation is 0-5mA. If the ammeter reads out of this range adjust the mixture screw to get it within the acceptable range. Adjust a little at a time and wait for 30-60 secs for the ammeter reading to settle.

As for vagcom, I think I use Version 406 on my 93 2.0 16v. Do a search for it, I know RW1 posted the correct info for connecting vagcom to the 9A corrado.

100mA with ignition on, but engine not running, if negative swap positive and negative cables on around on meter to pass the current the in the opposite direction. Then start the engine and adjust mixture until it fluctuates between 0-5mA whilst engine is running.

Once complete, don't forget to connect the hoses you disconnected.

I'm having trouble finding which connector to connect to?!?!?!?!

Looking from the top, you have two either side of the airbox near to the front of the car, then two ether side at the rear of the box which connect into two valve type things joined by a pipe.

Where do you take the reading from?

Also do you just take the reading from the connector or from where it plugs in?

Sorry for the vague sounding questions but I really need to know.

Cheers for all the help guys!!!!!

If you can post a photo of the airbox, I will download and circle the connections and post it up for you.

You need to measure current (Amps) which means the meter has to be in line between the cable and plug.

i thought so, i've tried it and cannot get a reading. Is there an adaptor plug for doing this sort of thing? or is it a case of just trapping some wire in there?

cheers

"I don't think there is an ECU reset for the 16v... There is one for the VR, but that's a far more complex ECU."

No reset procedure required. Put into "Basic Settings", Select Group 00 Blip the throttle to 3,000 rpm and leave idling for 1 minute. Check field position 9 has got a value of 5 in it.