Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

Custom Exhausts

have heard different opinions about custom exhausts,it seems it all depends on whos doing the welding/building of the exhaust,maybe if you say whos doing the work you might get a reply off someone whos used them

I've had powerflow pipes on a few of me old cars (Ford's) :roll:

Had a stainless powerflow centre section fitted just before new years on the rado, seems to be ok so far.. :D

never had any problems, you get a nice selection of tailpipes etc.. as like most exhausts they carry a lifetime warranty... 8)

I had a Powerflow system fitted to my C at Top Gear in St Albans, its spot on no rattles or knocks and the guys there were very friendly and helpful..

One word of advise though.. unless you want to be deafened get 3 silencers fitted :)

powerflow seems to vary depending on which branch you use, I know the one in newcastle has a very bad name with systems rusting within a few months and every car sounding virtually the same be it a fiesta or a corrado, which cant be good! Have you looked around for an independant company? thats how i got mine done, £300 all in for a full system and its spot on.

I had a Powerflow system fitted to my C at Top Gear in St Albans, its spot on no rattles or knocks and the guys there were very friendly and helpful..

One word of advise though.. unless you want to be deafened get 3 silencers fitted :)

Funny that - I had the same place fit a powerflow exhaust to mine, and found the guys in there to be a right bunch of slap-dash monkeys. It took them 3 separate visits to finally stop the damn thing banging on the rear axle. :x They ended up remaking and bending the whole section over the axle to sort it. Sure, they were friendly enough, but that was only because they knew if I wasn't happy I would spread the bad news.

I am now very happy with the exhaust though, not too Nova / saxo noisey, just a nice subtle burble which is only a frazz louder than stock.

HTH

Cheers

Mark

I had a powerflow exhaust system fitted to my Suzuki Cappuccino(not a Corrado I know - it is my other car 657cc +turbo charger = 110bhp on a car that weighs 725kg - loads a fun) Anyway, I have two twin DTM exhaust pipes & no silencer Sounds great - just like a sports bike, but the quality of the weld was brought into question when I had the car MOT'd - so go to a recommended garage.

Cheers

I need a custom exhaust and downpipe as I've fitted a 1.8T. I started off wanting a 3" bore, straight through single box but now I'm after a 2.5" with 2 boxes - should I go for 3 boxes????

I've had a powerflow on mine for 2 years now and have been very happy with it, not to everyones taste as mine is mental when it's at full chat but I like it that way :0)