Sign in to follow this  
ww-promo

MY 1ST VERY OVER DUE VR6! Waxed Up

Right,....

After owning 2 very reliable 1.8 valvers for many years [one after the other] I have now finally purchased my 1st VR6!

This has been a well over due purchase, and carnt believe I have not done it sooner! [sorry valver :( ]

Ok, the story goes......Stumbled across the VR on a Friday at work, travelled 270miles south on Fri after work [not without giving the missus a 'little' bit of persuasion [well...probably a bit more than a little!]]. Luckily we had family nearby, so stayed over that night. Up at the crack of dawn like an over exited child on sherbet dip, and cruised over to view her.

Edited by ww-promo

Looks lovely - well done indeed!

Mind if we ask how much you paid?

Looks as if you have found a good un there!

The sound track is great - even better if you put on an aftermarket filter (BMC CDA is a popular choice) 8)

Thanks people!

The leather is in good knick, a few scrapes here & there, but nothing major. Bolsters all in tacked. I am looking to get some cleaner/restorer on it shortly. Could do with a new gear knob though.

The C has, at some point been re-sprayed. I think due to a ding on the rear, near the VR6 badge. There are bubbles starting to come through. Possibly, due to the filler not going off properly? I took her to see a TVR body repairer I know of and has given me a good quote to sort it out. Happy days!

My garage have recommended a few bits & pieces; Sump gasket [leaking], 3mm on a tyre, alt belt needs changing and I think front lower ball joint, carnt quite remember now. Still waiting for the quote to come through.

My brakes are squeaking a little, so will sort that out too.

Right Mr VR6, straight down to business hey! She drove the 270 miles back like a dream, & I got stuck in a major traffic jam for a good hour. I think it was something like 4 miles in the hour!! All levels sat nicely. So chuffed!

BMC CDA is something I am def looking to put in! Missed one for sales on here the other week. Will keep my eyes peeled.

Oh...just noticed, think I should change my sig...!

Edited by ww-promo

£2,300 for a VR with low miles and leather is a steal - well done. Looks like a great example :)

Cheers!

Any one experienced GAZ coilovers? [Have been recomended these].

Would be for general road use. Need to sort out the tractor pose.

I'm fairly sure kevhaywire was using Gaz coilovers but isn't any more - think he ran into some problems with them! Have a look on the search....

looks real nice, and a bargain too! i paid that for mine with very similar spec about a year ago but with no leather, and i thought i had done well!!!

Red rados are growing on me more and more, in good condish they look 8)

car looks super mate

as does the leather :)

as said 2300 for the car on 111k is very good espesially with very little to do to her.Sorry if she is a boy i always call mine ladies :) :wave:

Gorgeous looking interior and exterior: seem to be an awful lot of very fine looking Flash Reds out there at the moment and this is every bit as good.

I am partial to a bit of red! :D My 1st Valver was red too.

Now have her [i think she is a laydee too!] :norty: booked in for a CAT 1 alarm! Keep those unwanteds out :nono:

nicely done, certainly looks like you have got a good one! As for stereos, I don't often bother either and I will second Vaughan's BMC comment :D Enjoy!

Def going to track a BMC down me thinks!

Just had a call from my alarm fitter and carnt get the alarm in for a few weeks?!!! gutted. Oh well. :(

Where abouts are you based?

This guy (http://www.trim-wizard.co.uk/) is an ex Corrado owner and has done LOADS of alarm installs for very very happy customers on the forum. Worth a look if you're in the Guildford area :)

Smoked Fogs will work well! and its always good to get them closer to the ground! :D

Where abouts are you based?

This guy (http://www.trim-wizard.co.uk/) is an ex Corrado owner and has done LOADS of alarm installs for very very happy customers on the forum. Worth a look if you're in the Guildford area :)

Hey, am just outside chester, may be a bit too far?......unless he is in the area??!! :)

Ok...finally managed to sort out & decide what alarm to go for!

Very nearly had a TOAD cat 1 put one, however the fitter cancelled on me the night before the fit & said it would be two weeks [due to not having the alarm in stock. Would have thought he'd have known this when I booked it the week before :scratch: ]?!..... :o so tracked down a very helpful Clifford fitter in Bolton.

Gone for the G5 650 MK2, and will be picking her up tomos!! Carnt wait! :D

I will however have to punch in a code every time i start the VR or open door/boot with engine ticking over, other wise it will shut down the car!.......lets hope I dont forget!! :lol:

Congrats on the buy. :clap:

I have just done the same myself. Definitely got to get it lowered!!!!!

Ok…decided to have a go at removing the bump strips from my VR!.....

Products used:

Some Auto Glym intense tar remover.

Warm soapy h2o.

Trusty HMV voucher card [nil pennies on it!].

Kitchen roll/cloths

1 bottle of beer

I managed to get the drivers side off with ease & the paintwork looks spot on underneath. However when I started the passenger side, the strip stuck on the door was a lot harder to remove. Whoever had stuck it on had used some sort of silicone/hard-rubbery adhesive. It is just taking a while to get off and was slowly hospitalising my fingers one by one! Luckily, it is not damaging the paintwork!!

I will have to finish it off tonight me thinks! Overall, I think it looks loads better!

Edited by ww-promo

Looks niiice!

Thought there were clips under those strips... :scratch:

Do they just lift off then? If so i reckon I'll be doing some work this weekend....