Sign in to follow this  
lauraJ

Do you ever get the feeling that your car hates you?

Because I do! Ok i'm fairly new to the corrado ownership ( a few months) but i'm sure my car has a mind of it's own.

At the moment it's favourite thing is to chuck out it's power steering fluid. Twice in 2 months, the latest being last night on the way down to Wiltshire - awesome drive down the fosse car felt really good, then all of a sudden steering goes stupidly heavy. Luckily managed to get into a petrol station, and the girl behind the counter boyfriend was a mobile mechanic (as neither me or the boyfriend carry an adjustable spanner, I will be from now on!!) So he came out and lent us some tools. All fixed now fingers crossed.

Anyway I love the corrado - not sure it likes me though!! :shrug:

I suppose this is the welcome to corrado ownership a lot of us have!! I won't moan anymore the car might know and decide not to start tomorrow! :D

They're generally reliable cars but yeah.. they do have a knack of giving you a hard time every so often! Certainly won't have the reliability of the 200SX's! :)

Mine decided to boil it's coolant today! The missus had taken it to visit her gran (only the second time she's driven it!) and had to pull over with steam-a-go-go! Turned out my last mechanic (he only did one job for me!) forgot the re-plug the fan in. Something I should have noticed granted but hey ho, no major harm done.

Anyway, a round-the-houses way of saying, yeah, C's do give you that feeling from time to time :lol:

They're generally reliable cars but yeah.. they do have a knack of giving you a hard time every so often! Certainly won't have the reliability of the 200SX's! :)

Haha yeah Ross said something similar when we broke down! :lol:

Don't get me wrong absolutley love the car, I think i've just been lucky with my previous cars and had no major issues before. I am a bit of a girl when things like last night happen! haha

Hmm... "Does my car hate me?

Let me see... (grabs coat & goes to phone the Samaritans...)

Because I do! Ok i'm fairly new to the corrado ownership ( a few months) but i'm sure my car has a mind of it's own.

At the moment it's favourite thing is to chuck out it's power steering fluid. Twice in 2 months, the latest being last night on the way down to Wiltshire - awesome drive down the fosse car felt really good, then all of a sudden steering goes stupidly heavy. Luckily managed to get into a petrol station, and the girl behind the counter boyfriend was a mobile mechanic (as neither me or the boyfriend carry an adjustable spanner, I will be from now on!!) So he came out and lent us some tools. All fixed now fingers crossed.

Anyway I love the corrado - not sure it likes me though!! :shrug:

I suppose this is the welcome to corrado ownership a lot of us have!! I won't moan anymore the car might know and decide not to start tomorrow! :D

Id say you got off lightly, First month i had my Corrado (with a full service history, gleaming engine bay and fantastic body condition) the subframe Snapped in two and i flew of the rd and ended up in a golf course :lol:

Now shes got EVERYTHING wrong with her, but when shes running well... Shes AMAZING I dont think ill ever sell her :smug:

Think mine duz. Shredded cambelt couple of weeks ago and exhaust now seems to be blowing from every joint. This was after I'd treated it to new wheels and paint!!! Ah the joys of ownership :D

Hmm... "Does my car hate me?

Let me see... (grabs coat & goes to phone the Samaritans...)

:D

Mine does, treated it to some new braided flexi brake lines yesterday, gave it a good attacking with some waxoil whilst I was under the car, jump in for a test drive and the brake pedal is all squishy :epicfail:

It usually does something like that though, when I refurbished the charger brackets and fitted a new set of pulleys, dampers and a rebuilt charger it decided to shread the serpentine belt all over the clean new parts - charger pulley on the refurbed unit was a little bent :bad-words:

At least the brake lines all came undone without a fight or having to make some new ones - although I do have 3 different types of brake spanner in 11mm :roll:

oh yes it had to happen again on a rainy day didn't it!! Had to be recovered - the shame! :(

Oh dear :( Not off to a good start with your valver, Laura! :(

No not good at all!! I guess it's one of those things though. Just glad it happened fairly close to home! Small mercy's and all that :?

well after changing the cat converter air filter plugs oil change plug lead change i had the car booked for its 3rd mot today

so after warming it up walked around to check the lights and wow no head lights so spent 3/4 of an hour trying to fix it (i have an uprated loom)

managed to fault find it to one of the relays 20 mins after it was booked so have rebooked for friday and sourced a new relay fitted it and now it all works again so 4th time lucky i hope :D

so yes sometimes my car does hate me :D :D