g0ldf1ng3r

g0ldf1ng3r's VR6

Triming the bush for 4 days you must be very hairy down there.

m8 at times it is wild & uncontrollable ;) lol

I do have about 300 yards of hedgerows though, as they line both front & back gardens

hard work to maintain them but well worth it for all of the bird wildlife we get. the amount of birds nesting in them & the 2 feeders we have in close proximity are almost constantly in use

we have regularly see a lesser spotted woodpecker, a green woodpecker, a bull finch & last week 2 pairs of long tail tits arrived

I just need a decent super soaker to keep the pigeons & local cats away lol

We bought the kids 2 cats last year and I haven't seen a bird since and we used to get a pair of robins that would use our garage to nest but not anymore.

We bought the kids 2 cats last year and I haven't seen a bird since and we used to get a pair of robins that would use our garage to nest but not anymore.

my front drive is like the O.K. Corral many nights a week due to 3 cats that live in surrounding houses. their territory paths must crossover & we regularly hear then ripping chunks & fur out of each other. I try to scare them off to stop them hurting each other but also when they are around the feeders

similar to the pigeons, I don't want to harm the cats but they are a nuisance. i did get a nerf gun but super soaker is the way forward i think lol

plus I still cant quite figure out if all of the very fine scratches on my VR bonnet is from cat claws or not but it is covered

Haha.... nearly made a similar comment

don't resist fella, the more the merrier lol

my hands will be full in coming months, ive both bush & flap issue's to deal with this year :D

not a rado related update but thought I would share as I was just a little excited last night after the arrival of a package in the post

I have had the below in storage for many years now but it has always bugged me that I had lost one part somewhere, & it just had to be the easily lost & now very rare part

having watched the values of others out there I would have the occasional hunt on the bay over the years but only only ever find the part I was missing listed on sales for complete items, until last week.....

what once was lost is now found :D

Awesome! I've got one of these somewhere. Not in as good condition mind.

Great memories....

Awesome! I've got one of these somewhere. Not in as good condition mind.

Great memories....

indeed great memories m8

I haven't taken it out of the box for so long I couldn't quite remember if there was anything missing other than the gun clip part I knew of.

thus it was a nice surprise to see the red transparent film bit, which decodes a graph thing on the back of the box but also a little disappointing to not see the user manual thing

however, I jumped on the buy it now button when I found the part being sold on its own last week

having had a little browse on the bay the box condition is comparable to others out there so hopefully me finding that missing part has just jumped the value up quite a bit

not that I plan on selling though as I already hugely regret selling the stack of marvel comics I had as a teenager, which included number 1 Hulk & Journey into Mystery number 38 (the first appearance of Thor)

though they helped purchase my 1st car it pains me to even think about what they would be worth now!!

wooo hooo sunny weather weekends have finally begun!!

1st job to tackle in a day of no rain, even though it was rather chilly still......water getting into drivers footwell on the VR

call it good fortune or bad but the heavy rain last week did produce a positive as well as a (negative) bloody puddle in the drivers footwell, such that I could see a very visible trickle line of water running down from where the bottom of the door meets the sill. in an area pretty much below the door speaker

I should have taken a picture but I was too busy trying to dry it off some what for the journey to work lol

with tools, disposable gloves, old towel to rest door card on & a cuppa in hand I thought best to heed the many posts & advice on here & take a look at the door membrane

a few minutes later the door car was off & it seemed fairly obvious where the issue was more than likely coming from, see the first set of 4 pictures below, specifically picture 3

the main offender being quite a large hole by the first clip which the door card rests on. in all honesty I think it could have been partially my doing from when I changed my door speakers a while ago - though im mystified as to why it didn't produce a leak straight away if I had but the infinity kappa's were a bit deeper than the factory ones

with a little jiggling & wriggling & gently scraping off some of the excess black sticky stuff to reuse in other areas I managed to get the membrane into somewhat of a more suitable state

I added a strip or two of gaffa tape just to be sure but I did make sure that I put plenty of the black stuff around the door card clip previously mentioned & re-stuck the membrane, which fortunately was not missing any pieces

the last 4 pictures are the after & I was very careful re-fitting the door card so as not to dislodge the repair work

fingers crossed no more puddles but I will give it a test when I wash it after work one night this week

Nice one on the mot. Hows the seats coming lol?

very small development here m8 but only with regard to preparation

my friend at work has just told me he has a hobby type air brush bun & air line jobby I can borrow when I tackle my seats. I hope by using that rather than a makeup sponge stolen off the gf it will give a better finish

I did my seats with a sponge this time and a hairdryer to help with drying. I used a small compressor on my old seats last time , but I've no space to spray now . They came out lovely , just the sealer to go on now .

Mine came in a kit with a mini air gun which you attached to compressed air tins. Gave a nice even finish without any drips.

I've got one of those too Sean , a neighbor gave it to me . The plan was to wait for summer , but I was bored so I did them this week . I've just received the sealant, it says to spray that , surely I can apply this by a pad too ?

Dont see why not mate. I'd say be gentle with wiping it on though, and be sure to allow each coat to dry fully as it may clump up otherwise.

typical - no rain since I tackled the door membrane

might have to wash it later to force as test lol

I tested mine loads of times , before I started to fit the new closed cell and underlay , I really wanted to be sure of no leaks !

thanks for the feedback about the seats rob & sean :)

I was thinking of the airbrush'ing method as it should also go further - nice that a good result was achieved with a sponge though

as for the leak - the VR needs a good wash this weekend so plenty of hose water will be going on the drivers side & crossing of fingers lol

Can it hold off for a couple of days please.... wanted to go out Friday lol

sorry fella, already wet here

might be dry tomorrow hopefully....as per my drivers carpet too when I go check in a bit lol

popped to the shop at break

although it hasn't rained hard it has done so gently for a couple of hours

I don't want to jinx it but no trickle line & dry carpets were a nice find :D

major hose test on the weekend if no heavy rain methinks

I tested mine loads of times , before I started to fit the new closed cell and underlay , I really wanted to be sure of no leaks !

out of interest Rob, where did you get the new closed sell & underlay?

& was the delivery 'speedy' ;) (sorry couldn't resist lol)