Sign in to follow this  
mikehiow

I nearly forgot - VR6 Gone :(

A month or so ago, I sold my VR6 to make way for something a little newer, I simply got fed up of things going wrong :(

I must say, I do miss it - perhaps one day I'll find a nice R32'd one

The old beast

3244001263_6dc2928fd6.jpg

And it's replacement, an '08 Corsa VXR:

3602966579_bdf174a1b9.jpg

3543306239_92472d7aea.jpg

3543304397_c2a053b2fd.jpg

3543305521_2d15e294e4.jpg

No Vauxhall comments please :lol:

The VR looked very nice. How does the VXR compare? I,ve driven the Corsa diesel and didn't think that it was too bad.

I really like the Corsa VXR as it's a proper hot hatch, properly fast, and really cool looking... but I think when you talked about the cost of financing one, it just blew me away.

If I got a new car like that, I'll I'd be thinking about would be the VR6 I could have had for that kind of money! Just a single years finance on the Corsa could pay for a respray and a supercharger!

Tis cool tho :)

:|

Seriously though, I don't think anyone that's owned one could blame you but we will say, and I'm sure Jim can testify, you WILL be back at some point! Enjoy your hassle free motoring while it lasts :tongue:

my mate had the astra version it was mental he then took to regal for minor work andended up being the quickest one to come out off the shop :D but it was all dos and donts and he got fed up and bought a seat lol

if i was about 15 years younger :( the VXR would be the car i would have, looks very fresh compared to other so called hot hatches.

what insurance group are ethey then?? cant be any higher than a vr6 can it,

Thanks for the comments.

It's extremely difficult to compare the Corsa and the Corrado. The first thing that caught my attention was the lack of interior rattles and squeaks in the Corsa :lol:

In all seriousness, The Corsa certainly feels faster than the Corrado, making peak torque from something like 2k onwards - it's certainly nice not having to wait for 3.5k to come around. It's a similar weight and power, but has much shorter gears, I think in a straight line, there wouldn't be a lot in it, but I think the Corsa would edge it. Handling wise, the Corsa feels a lot more dialed in, and feels a lot more stable at speed - you can find yourself doing 3 figures without even noticing you'd got there - although, this may be partly due to the car being 14 years newer :)

Overall, I certainly don't regret the decision, but I certainly do miss the VR sound :(

Jim, I didn't end up paying anywhere near the figures we discussed in the end, and it came out at closer to £200, once the proceeds from the Corrado were stuck down as a deposit.

They are group 16, and if it wasn't for putting the other half on the insurance, I would have only been paying around £100 more than the Corrado to insure this FC (Corrado was TPFT).

It Does look a lot "fresher" than the alternatives, I looked at 207GTI's which were boring, and very dated inside, as well as a Clio 197, which just felt cheap inside. The Corsa isn't the best all out performer, as the Clio will edge it on track, but it's the best all-round package imo, I found the Clio to really suffer on ride comfort on it's hard suspension.

very tuneable little cars too :lol:

are you planning to hit it with the modding stick?

Best choice of colour thats for sure, are the artic editions much more money or are they all sold now?

I plan on a set of coilovers, RARB,

possibly some AP 4 pots (or just some braided lines/pads/discs) - But I need to find someone with 4 pots to have a go first, before I decide.

And then I plan to gradually build up to exhaust, intercooler and injectors which, with a remap at each step, should be good for just under 250bhp.

I did originally look at the Arctic, but Vauxhall failed to paint the bumpers the same colour - they look almost yellow, so that was a no go.

As for chavs racing, yes, it happens, I've not come across anything faster (in a straight line) yet, but I doubt it'll be long. Funnily enough, the closest match has come from a 150bhp Mitsi Colt CZT - they look shite, but they are rapid little cars.