Bullfinch

VR6 Storm Classic Green - back on the road

Here goes with the first few shots of my Storm I bought a month ago. Exterior is totally standard, interior too apart from a Kenwood single CD unit replacing the original Sony unit.

I'm going to start small with mods - lupo wipers will be the first upgrade!

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfVR6 Storm 1.jpg[/attachment:2nrpzaii]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfVR6 Storm 2.jpg[/attachment:2nrpzaii]

VR6 Storm 3.jpg[/attachment:2nrpzaii]

Edited by Bullfinch

Looks tidy. The lupo wipers are very effective but don't stop there!

looking good!! just because its a storm doesnt mean you cant put your personal touch on it :D

Well the slippery slope of spending has begun. To date it's had a major service, new top mounts (no more grinding while parking now), new VW brake pads, wheel bearing fixed, ABS sensor fault fixed. Read with interest the TT wiper thread but have just placed my order for all the VW Lupo wiper parts.

Tried my hand at claying, so far just done the bonnet and looks good.

I am not convinced that the Lupo (or any other) wiper upgrade is necessary... I have standard wiper setup and it is perfect in th erain at all speeds.... All I have done is use Bosch blades rather than any cheap alternative... Now all ok and I can see in the rain...

Nice looking C by the way...

Very nice, do i classic green looks awesome when it clean. Love how the colour changes, just one of those colours that don't look so good when it's even slightly dirty. Would lower it though, make the car look so much better and you can always put it back to standard.

Well, the first 4 months of ownership have flown by. I've definitely experienced at first hand the slippery slope of Corrado ownership in terms of ongoing maintenance costs. Even trying to maintain as standard (or factory fresh as I prefer to call it) all adds up. I'm not really complaining and I've convinced myself the cost is no different to normal depreciation on a new car, albeit we're talking real cash with maintenance.

My car along with many more impressive motors is featured on the DG Autotech website.

http://www.dgautotech.com/dgauto/index. ... &Itemid=90

With the front suspension all rebuilt next up is some minor bodywork repairs to fix some rust spots before the onset of winter. This weekend will see me reach for the spanner and look to fix my replacement aerial rubber seal - things like the Wiki make a hell of a difference as at least I have some pictures to work from. :clap:

looking good!! just because its a storm doesnt mean you cant put your personal touch on it :D

very true!!

Looks tidy. The lupo wipers are very effective but don't stop there!

Think that was my first mod too..... :)

I tried to stop changing bits after fitting Lupo wipers.......honest :lol:

Am I mad or what? With November having been the wettest month on record in the UK I've now decided to swap around my car sleeping arrangements (thought that comment would perk up some folks :lol: ) my Corrado is now tucked up the garage whilst my 18 month old TT enjoyed it's first ever frost last night. A mate said what with the Audi being fully galvanised it would brave the elements much better than the C. There's some logic to that I suppose.

Anyway thought I'd include a picture of a bog standard BBS Solitude and 280 mm brake assembly as in a couple of weeks I'm off to DG for an urgent safety upgrade...288 mm brakes with all the usual trimmings they supply. That way it might stop in a similar way to the TT rather than the present brake and hope approach.

I've had the 288 mm brake upgrade and here's a picture to prove it. I had original VW discs but went for EBC red stuff brake pads. Calipers are painted black. Obviously still bedding in and not exactly the weather to go gung-ho but already feel more confident when braking.IMG_4086.JPG[/attachment:g2f53ugg]

Looks good and feels alot better doesnt it? or it will do. Did you do it yourself?

It will do - parked up in my garage with 12 inches of snow outside right now. I'm no DIY expert so left it all to the good folks at DG Autotech.

I was in the loft at the weekend and what did I find? Some old photos of the Blackberry VR6. Here's one from a Corrado meet back in summer 1997 at Brooklands.Corrado0001.jpg[/attachment:30wq82kw]

I believe this car is still going strong - pretty good considering when I part-ex'd in 1999 it had already done 70,000 miles.

Hi Ive noticed that youve gone for the 288mm brake upgrade. Iam thinking of going the same route as the brakes on mine are not very effective.

What does the upgarde involve ? Apart from bigger disks :) Does any other components need changing like the calipers etc.

If you dont mind me asking how much would such an upgrade cost roughly ?

Well I'm not that technically minded so I'm basically quoting from my invoice. The upgrade needed new brake calipers (I think they're Mk1 TT), brake hoses, disks (I went for VW ones) and pads (mine are EBC red stuff). I used DG Autotech who come highly recommended. I'll PM the price. I now have brakes which work as well as my Mk2 Audi TT so it's definitely a must-have upgrade.

Well I'm not that technically minded so I'm basically quoting from my invoice. The upgrade needed new brake calipers (I think they're Mk1 TT), brake hoses, disks (I went for VW ones) and pads (mine are EBC red stuff). I used DG Autotech who come highly recommended. I'll PM the price. I now have brakes which work as well as my Mk2 Audi TT so it's definitely a must-have upgrade.

:wave: cheers bullfinch...even before the PM price its sounds expensive :) Yikees

A big day on the mileage front. Drove/swam down the M3 to Basingstoke to get my alloy wheel refurb quote. I park up and then notice the mileage. Going to reward the Storm with getting the timing chains done this year.

140k mileage.jpg[/attachment:27fnqbp0]

nice c mate where bouts in berks are you used to be my neck of the woods :)

Outskirts of Bracknell in a place called Martins Heron. Lived here 4 years, before that 20+ years in Sussex.