Sign in to follow this  
kee

My first rado; project sherry (warning pic heavy)

Hi all, reet ive been on here abt 3 months or so. Time for a build thread. Bought the corrado at end of April this year. Been wanting one for abt 3 years now and could only just afford one as a weekend car. Insurance has fun raping me still been only 23. lol :(

So here she is having a snow foaming - couldn't believe how well she came up after an hour soak and a good clean and rub down.

DSC00154.jpg

Got the c home and started inspecting it. found the odd bitta rust as per usual, pffft it was nothing

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

Buttttttt. . . . this i wasnt expecting lol. Not so bad looking eh?

DSC00157.jpg

Well a quick bang with my fist and TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, we have a letter box :epicfail:. Turns out some numpty had whacked it full of filler and a J cloth to hold it in, not the best thing to do :nono:

DSC00174.jpg

So began the strip down lol, but first a quick service. Just to be on the safe side changed a few things and added KR cams. So oil change, filters done, gakets and oil seals done, sump gasket and sump painted and timing belt changed, slipped 3 teeth whilst changing it lol, was well on its way out!

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

by the end of day 2 of ownibg my first C it looked like this

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

Left alone for a week i had the itch the following weekend. Under the bonnet needed cleanin and brightening up. So off came the inlets for a clean and paint up.

Photo0103.jpg

So the C then sat for another week as i didnt have time after work to achieve anything, Sat morning got straight out and installed the new rear sparco brace, looks better on as this was a crappy phone pic :gag: :gag:

30052009004.jpg

I then unfortunatley got messed around for nearly 4 weeks by my original painter who didnt turn up on 2 occasions and then didnt respond to calls :scratch:, must not have needed the work lol. So the car sat untouched. I painted the rear lights all red and trial fitted the new seat to be installed.

Photo0104.jpg

reet the rados away for paint, should be back next week sometime. :clap:

Got these propa cheap from ed38, FK AK Editions :notworthy: , not even taken outta box and at half the rrp, a steal imo

20062009014.jpg

Thought id throw in a few twistss wi the rado and go brite lol, so had the Brocks refurbed. Diamond cut lips and Lotus elise bronze centres. F$*%in amazing colour in the sun IMHO. I know they aint gunna be to all ppls tastes :ignore: I love em! :clap:

09072009020.jpg

08072009018.jpg

09072009022.jpg

09072009021.jpg

Sorry for the length of my first post lol, will be more pics and updates next week hopefully. And i'll get some pics up of my black suede headliner. cheers ppl

cant beat a bit of rust ,i ran them coilovers for 3 years well worth the price.

good luck with it :D i like ya wheels.

my corrado is in the same state(mines rust free though) it takes time if you do it properly.

those wheels look amazing. im proper jealous

where did you get your rear brace from? im having trouble finding one for my vr6

keep us posted on updates.. the more pictures the better :D

What rubbish wether we've had for the past few days lol :'( , but never the less achieving has been done

Well heres what the C looked like Wednesday, fresh back from the paint shop and outta the rain in my garage :lol:

WOOOO HOOO no letter box, amazing repair work i am really impressed with it

21072009038.jpg

Old units V New FK units :clap:

22072009039.jpg

Sat lookin pretty, 20mm spacers had to be used lol. still need to level it out 100% but we had to call off play it off due to the heavens opening!

22072009040.jpg

22072009041.jpg

The rear brace is from a Mk2 golf picked it off ebay for the pricey sum of £12 BNIB :norty:

Just a few pics to add

-

Newly retrimed in black suede

20072009030.jpg

With the Corrado badge replaced

25072009049.jpg

New OMP Corsica wheel, well impressed with it

22072009045.jpg

DDI clocks to modernise it, a bargain at 24 quid off the bay

22072009046.jpg

This is how my C currentley looks. few more jobs and she'll be finished. Pick bumper up this week, change rear caliper and front coils. refit passengers window seal and door handle, and a few other things that pop up as usual lol :clap:

08082009055.jpg

the Cs looking great. repair job looks top notch and i love the black rear badge, nice touch

id be tempted to change the color of the number plate surround though

Love it! Looks really good.

If I was nit picking I would say you missed a trick not doing the Corrado badge same colour as the wheel centres 8)

Love it! Looks really good.

If I was nit picking I would say you missed a trick not doing the Corrado badge same colour as the wheel centres 8)

Yer its the same colour as the engine, the rim colour was to say the least last minute hahahaha

the Cs looking great. repair job looks top notch and i love the black rear badge, nice touch

id be tempted to change the color of the number plate surround though

I was thinking of it later on, just wanna get it back on the road at the min :clap:

unfortunatley due to bad weather, moving house and massive work load i have no updated pics lol :epicfail: . All i can say is theres only a few little bits to finish off but its now finding the time/sun! I'll get some pics up asap :clap: