Sign in to follow this  
simon_miles

BHP

Just out of interest bananawhip, whats the spec of your engine? Youve got some good numbers there mate!

I'm running Schimmel cams, Neuspeed pullies, BMC CDA, Decat, AMD chip, and a Newsouth Powergasket

To keep things cool I've used DEI cool tape on the underside of my inlet manifold, fitted a plastic rocker cover, Mocal 16row cooler, open slat grill, Samco hoses, done the throttle body coolant bypass, and fitted a rocker cover breather filter, just recently fitted a CF bonnet too which should keep engine bay temps down a bit.

A few other little bits are a Bonrath PR-17 inlet pipe and an ecotek valve, I use a lot of fuel and oil additive, decoke my engine every few thousand miles with Ecotek powerboost, and keep on top of cleaning and oiling my BMC so it's very well maintained, on the day I also had some fuel additive to raise the octane a few points.

Very good numbers that I was chuffed with, on the print out you can see the moment the cams joined the party which was a healthy boost, 5 minutes before a friend of mine had his oettinger fettled 16v dyno'd at 143bhp so it seemed to be a fairly accurate RR.

Next on the list is a LW flywheel :clap:

Considering yours is pretty much standard other than cams and a remap, that's the most powerful NA VR6 I've heard of in this country! Well done!

The flywheel, 3.68 Final drive and a quaife would be the icing on the cake :D

Considering yours is pretty much standard other than cams and a remap, that's the most powerful NA VR6 I've heard of in this country! Well done!

I'm under no illusion that it's probably verging on the generous side but they did 3 runs so there's got to be some truth in the figures. I think I'm very lucky in that what I've done all seems to compliment each other well.

The 14.7 I ran at the pod was with a load more weight and zero traction in 1st and 2nd gear so I can get that down a bit with better tyres, especially with an LSD thrown in. I have 2 friends with VR's, one's even an OBD2 and I know mines got a fair bit more grunt then those, more then happy with it at the moment.

How much difference do you think swapping my 264 cams for the 263s? Mine was putting out 229bhp on the Stealth rollers in obd1 form with a remap and the spec in my sig. I then had it on the Surrey RR after the conversion and it was making 219bhp without a map or fuel additives, but maybe Tesco 99ron.

Ive also thought about heat insulating the underside of my inlet manifold, what was the stuff you used?

Ive already got an ally flyweel, and I must say it does rev a lot easier, but I wouldnt think you would see much increase in the way of power, if any?

Im probably going to get a wrapped six branch on at some point with a 2.5" exhaust. I was going to get a high flow cat as well as I dont know if I can be bothered to keep removing it every year. Does a de cat make much difference?

Im not too sure if Im going to get it remapped as I would really like to Rotrex it with a shrick and FMIC! Bit of a difference in price though!

How much difference do you think swapping my 264 cams for the 263s? Mine was putting out 229bhp on the Stealth rollers in obd1 form with a remap and the spec in my sig. I then had it on the Surrey RR after the conversion and it was making 219bhp without a map or fuel additives, but maybe Tesco 99ron.

Ive also thought about heat insulating the underside of my inlet manifold, what was the stuff you used?

Ive already got an ally flyweel, and I must say it does rev a lot easier, but I wouldnt think you would see much increase in the way of power, if any?

Im probably going to get a wrapped six branch on at some point with a 2.5" exhaust. I was going to get a high flow cat as well as I dont know if I can be bothered to keep removing it every year. Does a de cat make much difference?

Im not too sure if Im going to get it remapped as I would really like to Rotrex it with a shrick and FMIC! Bit of a difference in price though!

I can't comment on your cams as I have absolutely no experience on 264's, 263's are obviously very good and can make around 5-10bhp more then you'd really expect them to but that's all I know.

As I've said in previous posts I've read a magazine review that SRR produce low figures, not to say they are inaccurate as I'm not getting into that debate again, just that out of the 7 that were tested by with the same car SRR read the lowest. Food for thought.

Stuff I used to heatproof the underside of my manifold was called cool tape, made by dei, I got it off ebay but I think it's the same stuff that demon tweeks sell. It is absolutely ridiculous how cold my manifold stays now with all the little bit's I've done, literally cold to touch after the engine has got up to full operating temperature.

Not expecting a great deal from the flywheel but it's just one less thing to try, in all honesty it's traction that is massively letting me down now. Not to say mine is a complete animal but I'm wasting a fair few ponies with wheel spin, don't understand why the pod has such crap surface for launching, worse then any normal road I've been on.

Decat didn't make enough difference to physically feel but it all adds up, buy a decat instead of a sports cat and with the vast money you save buy a second lambda, makes fitting a breeze not having to worry about seized lambda's anymore. Might be a a bit of a waste of money but I'm one for an easy life :)

Know what you mean about the Rotrex though, got to be done really hasn't it

bananawhip Ive only just noticed your location, Staines! I was born and raised in those parts, Egham, but I lived just as close to Staines as Egham in Pooley Green. Thats where my rado is at the mo as I cant afford tax, hard times! :(

bananawhip Ive only just noticed your location, Staines! I was born and raised in those parts, Egham, but I lived just as close to Staines as Egham in Pooley Green. Thats where my rado is at the mo as I cant afford tax, hard times!

Yep good old Staines, only been here for a few months as I'm from Hammersmith originally but it's definitely got it's own charm, Nightlife is alright and the girls don't leave much to the imagination, both are a touch rough around the edges but that's the way I like it :)

Fair few Dubs about too, No Rice meet is just down the road in Guildford which is a cool way to spend a Wednesday night, have you been?

When you get yours sorted feel free to pop over, always interesting to have a little look. Some pretty good roads about for a quick spin as I'm sure you well know. Traffic cops can be a bit over excitable though

Drop me a PM or something when you're in this neck of the woods if you want

Yeah sure, maybe Ill come along to the no rice meet and perhaps meet up. When is it? Is it on every month?

Yeah it's the second wednesday of the month, turn out is normally pretty massive so it's well worth a look.

Tends to be a few of us that go down so you'r welcome to join