Sign in to follow this  
Danger Mouse

Alloy refurbishment

Hey folks,

Does anyone know of a good place to get alloys refurbished near the Glasgow area??

If so, can you pm either myself or 'camone'.

Thanks in advance

DM

carrick engineering in prestwick have a good name, a guy i know owns a tyre shop and he always tells anyone that asks him about wheels that their the place to go. got the number somewhere but a search on google will prob turn them up

Wicked wheels used to come into my work. They have a big mecc van with a shot blaster , spray booth and over in it. They do a good job. He did the centres of my RM's about a year ago and they are still brand new. He is pretty flexible with the price if you dont need them done right away and leave them with him. His name is `Alan McNicol and his number is07989 442 345.

If you want a better than new finish we have used pristene in Milton Keynes. The finish is brilliant and guaranteed for a year. I think it is £85 per wheel. I am sure they have and advert in the vw mags.

I'm on the look out for a wheel refurb as well possible a polished finish there is a car wash/tyre joint on Neilston road in paisley opposite the safeway garage I think it was about £40.00 a wheel for a shotblast and "new look" finish he showed me some landrover wheels that were "just back" they looked pretty good, he could garage your car when it was getting done or lone you a set of wheels he reckoned a 4-5 day turn around. Maybe he would cut us a deal if we went along together

just to prove us Scots are tight arsed b astards when it comes to parting with some cash :D

£40 a wheel's about right... That's what I've been quoted to get my 6 Borbet C's completely re-done so that there's no curbing marks (done before I got the car!) and so that they all match (2 sets of 3 wheels!) 8)

That's from a company with a REALLY good reputation who put a 2 year warantee on their work, and can make 'em any colour you want... 8)

Polished will always cost more 'cos it's a shed load more work... :roll:

It's a company in Stoke on trent called Top Marques... I haven't got the number here at home, it's at work... :|

I'l post it up tomorrow, or you could look it up on BT's page... 8)

I'm on the look out for a wheel refurb as well possible a polished finish there is a car wash/tyre joint on Neilston road in paisley opposite the safeway garage I think it was about £40.00 a wheel for a shotblast and "new look" finish he showed me some landrover wheels that were "just back" they looked pretty good, he could garage your car when it was getting done or lone you a set of wheels he reckoned a 4-5 day turn around. Maybe he would cut us a deal if we went along together

just to prove us Scots are tight arsed b astards when it comes to parting with some cash :D

have you got anywhere with this place mate I badly need my speedlines refurbed

hey

i am after a wheel refurb for my estorils as well. I figure on getting this done (instead of buying new alloys) so i can spend more on decent rubber. Does anyone on the forum know who does this sort of thing in the leeds/yorkshire area?

Thanks

found another tyre fitting joint in hillington industrial estate reckon they could do 4 wheels for £100 you have to take the wheels round to them, sounds too cheap for my liking. I haven't found anybody that has used or heard any reports of the standard of the finish from the place in Neilston Road in Paisley. Someone will just have to take the chance and find out. :roll:

I think that place in Hilington ind est is where aguy from my uni got his wheels from.from what i can remember he got them at a good price and they looked good-mibby there prices are just competitive.

Cheers Fraser

My cousin had the wheels on his jag refurbed at Hazelwoods, havent really looked at them in detail but will check them out through the week.

I have seen wheels refurbed by auto image (I think thats what there called) on South Street and they looked pretty good.

Cost him £30 a wheel, havent seen them yet but he says there good and I know they were in a right bad way before the refurb.