Sign in to follow this  
sixpotter

Cheapest KW V1's

Thinking of splashing all my overtime dosh on some, where is the best / cheapest place at the moment? Or anyone know of a secondhand set?

For a VR.

Gwerks, they have a sale on at the moment... like me you have until friday to order them! going for £630 i think for the good v1's

INOX is the anti-corrosion treatment and I can tell you this for nothing, make sure bloody well pay the extra for it! :D

INOX is the anti-corrosion treatment and I can tell you this for nothing, make sure bloody well pay the extra for it! :D

x2. Last thing you want is them ceasing within a year of paying for them.

dug out my recent as i swear the prices have changed

i bought KW1 in december and they cost £510 new, also when they arrived they were the Inox ones too. That was from g-werks

list price is now £730 up from £680 last year, mainly due to the exchange rate. anything under £600 is a very good deal now!

there is a "basic" V1 which is cheaper and just plated - in effect its the same as the weitec coils but about £100 extra for the yellow and purple paint :)

ok, and maybe slightly better bits inside, perhaps..!

People keep saying Weitec are cheaper KWs but they're not. Weitec are nothing like as good quality as KW. Weitec may be part of the KW Automotive group but they are not the same product, just as Tesco blue and white stripey beans aren't just Heinz in a different tin!

People keep saying Weitec are cheaper KWs but they're not. Weitec are nothing like as good quality as KW. Weitec may be part of the KW Automotive group but they are not the same product, just as Tesco blue and white stripey beans aren't just Heinz in a different tin!

What about HP?

Are they not the same weight springs and dampers finished in different material?

What company would design and develop proven components and they deliberately engineer different parts? Surely they are the same CAD and CAE developed parts then produced in a lesser grade material?

they were two separate companies, and KW bought weitec out. So KW just own the company. Bit like why you don't get lambo suspension on a lupo, even though VW owns them both.

Well thats the internet rumour i've heard anyway.

What about HP?

Times are hard, but surely you can afford a tin of beans without having to pay them up :nuts:

They're all made in the same factory, along with AP suspension stuff.

i'll add that to my rumour :norty:

i'll add that to my rumour :norty:

:)

Venom are pretty cheap- KW V1s are £595, APs are £365! and the Weitecs are £499.

Yes but isn't the factory over a mile long?

they were two separate companies, and KW bought weitec out. So KW just own the company. Bit like why you don't get lambo suspension on a lupo, even though VW owns them both.

Exactly. And you won't find Ferrari parts in a Fiat Multipla and you won't find Porsche parts in a Volkswagen Golf.

If Weitecs are really KWs, why do people bother buying KWs at all? Because they are far superior, that's why. If you want proof, have a look at Heresite's Weitecs. Both front dampers are leaking and they are younger than my KWs.

One of the engineers from Leda went to Gaz, so does that mean Gaz are the same quality and performance as Leda? Far from it!!

Definetly all made in the same plant but as Kev says above this means nothing...

I have driven serveral cars using Weitecs and the rideis no where near as good as the Variants.

If you want cheap / value for money then the Weitecs are good but I think it's worth the extra for the Stainless KW's and you get better ride quality and handling too. I wouldn't bother at all with AP's on a Corrado!