Sign in to follow this  
awigman

Schumacher Return!

Whats that meant to mean :nono:

well it does look like a scot hoping to see another english man fail, not the first time i suppose... jelous maybe :lol:

:tumbleweed:

I've always though Hamilton is the next Schumacher so seeing them race together will be great, especially after the last result :clap: ......one things for sure, the next race viewing figures will be through the roof - job well done Bernie.......on another note I couldnt believe it when they said in the last GP that more often than not Ecclestone leaves after the first couple of corners :scratch: - what an arsehole !!

he lives in scotland by the looks of it so that might explain why :grin: :lol:

nothing at all :tongue:

:lol:

...on another note I couldnt believe it when they said in the last GP that more often than not Ecclestone leaves after the first couple of corners :scratch: - what an arsehole !!

Having been to a couple of GP I can fully understand why he does leave after the first couple of laps. The racing is usually dead boring, and you get to miss all the traffic leaving the place, LOL

heh, somehow i don't think bernie drives to the GPs!

he has his own private feed anyway, so he doesn't see what we do.

...on another note I couldnt believe it when they said in the last GP that more often than not Ecclestone leaves after the first couple of corners :scratch: - what an arsehole !!

Having been to a couple of GP I can fully understand why he does leave after the first couple of laps. The racing is usually dead boring, and you get to miss all the traffic leaving the place, LOL

no excuse in my book, you cannot bang on about the sport and promote it to its death like he does if you cant even be bothered to watch it yourself.....

dick - bernie not you :lol:

well it does look like a scot hoping to see another english man fail, not the first time i suppose... jelous maybe :lol:

:tumbleweed:

Hey ,which countries have produced the most motorsport world champions, pretty sure its Finland then Scotland..... :clap:

With the Schumacher Hamilton thing if they get into a fight I bet they take each other out.

Hey ,which countries have produced the most motorsport world champions, pretty sure its Finland then Scotland..... :clap:

With the Schumacher Hamilton thing if they get into a fight I bet they take each other out.

I'm wondering if Lewis will try and upset Schumacher's mojo on the grid by getting his girlfriend to sing to him. Schumi had better have his earplugs in early because I expect it's very hard to drive with broken eardrums...

Here's an update on Shumacher's return. It's nice to see some of the F1 teams still acting like childish pissants when perhaps a spirit of sportsmanship would have been more appropriate (especially with all the childish politics recently going on)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... 9-car.html

I say this because IIRC these two same teams were the ones who kyboshed plans a year or two ago to allow customer chassis in F1 to allow outside teams to come in more cheaply.

Here's an update on Shumacher's return. It's nice to see some of the F1 teams still acting like childish pissants when perhaps a spirit of sportsmanship would have been more appropriate (especially with all the childish politics recently going on)

I say this because IIRC these two same teams were the ones who kyboshed plans a year or two ago to allow customer chassis in F1 to allow outside teams to come in more cheaply.

Disagree with you there John, they are the rules.. and as the newbie (can't spell his name) couldn't test why should Shumie who has years more experience.. besides they'll just keep baning him out in a "mongrel" version the 2007/8 cars till he's fit enough!

So who's going to replace Piquet at Renault? Can't remember a season when 2 drivers were dropped 1/2 way through? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 166688.stm

Unfortunately driving with Alonso seems to be a poisioned challace.. after all this will Ferrari really want to take him on? And if they do how many nannies will they need to look after the drivers dummies? :lol:

Brawn chief executive Nick Fry, has doubts on Schumacher's return potential. In so many words as saying, he went out on a high, and with a return, would just embarrass himself. (BBC News) Looks like they're all thinking the same thing. I say - who cares. I never was a fan of Schuey, but sh*t do I admire most of his 'skills'.

I find myself enjoying the MotoGP far more these days, F1 doesn't seem much of a "race" to me anymore, they may as well be setting lap times on gran turismo, That would probably be more exciting :lol:

qualifying is the best its ever been, you never know whats going to happen... but the races are boring as ever :sleeping:

I never was a fan of Schuey, but sh*t do I admire most of his 'skills'.

Yeah, I have a similar opinion. He's a stunning driver, but a total, total, bastard on the track. :hitler:

Disagree with you there John, they are the rules.. and as the newbie (can't spell his name) couldn't test why should Shumie who has years more experience.. besides they'll just keep baning him out in a "mongrel" version the 2007/8 cars till he's fit enough!

Don't get me wrong - I can completely appreciate why other teams would be keen to ensure MS gets as little active time in the current car as possible before he races again. I think the response of Williams & Red Bull could be a little more sporting in the circumstances, and that they should have the confidence in both thier cars & drivers to be unruffled by the return of a 40 year old former champ, even one who's won 7 titles.

As it is, Ferrari have to an extent circumvented this protest by giving Schumacher lots of practice at Mugello in the 2007 car last week. With thier resources, the Fiorano circuit next to the factory and a little ingenuity I'm sure Schumacher will be very familiar with the 2009 car and as fit as he can be in the time available by the Spanish GP. In fact his main issue at Valencia may well be that he won't have driven the circuit before.

Competitively, Brawn, Williams & Red Bull know Valencia is a circuit where overtaking is very difficult and that Schumacher might well get in front of them and continue the current resurgence at Ferrari. They also know that Kimi will be under pressure to perform well too and want to interrupt that momentum if possible. Politically, I suspect that the background politics between Ferrari and the other teams are being played out; Ferrari are no doubt reaping the rewards of thier own attitude (and numerous protests) to the other teams in recent years, plus thier irritation at the closeness of the relationship between Ferrari & the FIA in recent times. It's could also be an easy shot across the bows of both Ferrari & Max Mosley as they try and railroad the election of Jean Todt as next FIA president - just a little something to keep them on thier toes.

My prediction is that Schumacher may well post 6th-8th on the grid in Spain but that Kimi will use his experience in the car to go faster than that. In the race Schumi will probably not be quite fit enough or quick enough to trouble the current hotshoes but may possibly be quick enough to keep the likes of Kovalienen, Alonso, Barricello and -dare I say it - Button behind him. It will certainly be interesting to watch.

Presumably Toro Rosso have secured another engine deal for 2010 already?

Yeah - I'd say too. Presumably Renault are pulling the plug after the season too - so where's Red Bull going to get their power from?

Well we all know that FIA stands for "Ferrari International Assistance"! :epicfail:

Couldn't agree more.

I personally found it amusing that Williams were not allowing Testing for Schuey.

AS has been said before, Rules are Rules.

Besides, I for one am totally fed up with Ferrari the rules that don't normally include them.

Year after year, we have Ferrari being granted permission or forgiven for something.

I don't like Schuey although his driving is good and can't stand the Ferrari Team who obviously have a Mafia style approach to everything that does not go their way.

Schuey's main competitor though - if the car is up to standard, is Button - who has the most similar driving style to Schuey.

Although Hamilton is good, I don't believe he has the Consistancy of accuracy yet.

Best we could hope for is that Schuey is pushed off Track preferably in the first lap. No more more than Ferrari deserves.