Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

GTR Test drive [Now with pics on page 8]

As you say Kev, I think his benchmark level has been set a little high.

I think his frankly arrogant dismissal of the Corrado is dead wrong, and you only need to look at countless nostalgic magazine articles by far far more informed people to realise that his opinion is, essentially, bollocks!

I think his frankly arrogant dismissal of the Corrado is dead wrong, and you only need to look at countless nostalgic magazine articles by far far more informed people to realise that his opinion is, essentially, bollocks!

:iamwithstupid:

How do we know he even owned a Corrado Jim? He's probably just trolling. Owned a Golf VR6, but just assumed the Corrado was the same thing in a different shell, then pretended he'd owned one to support his dislike of them in the thread.

But yeah, he is in a tiny minority with his comments :D

Thing is though, it's easy to look back on those cars as pants when you currently have a GTR!

It's like when people have money, some of them forget what it was like not to have money and completely change!

Thing is I enjoy driving ANY vehicles and always take something from them no matter how insignificant. And even as I've progressed up to VR ownership, and have been fortunate enough now to drive some really nice cars, I still don't look back at the stuff in my motoring history in a sneery way.

I've enjoyed every car I've owned, be it my very first Peugeot 205 (cause it cost peanuts to run!), my Saxo VTR (pretty nippy, grunty 8v and good handling!) - I couldn't see myself getting into proper sports / supercar territory and looking down my nose to say "They were right sh!tters compared to what I have now!!" :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i laughed lots reading this!!!

how exactly can he judge that?!? - arrogant to$$er!

i've owned (for "decently" long periods) an impreza wr1, an evo 6 and now an m5 and i would still love to own a corrado again!

AND i still miss the 'rado r32.

granted (possibly because i'm aging prematurely now!), i wouldn't modify another corrado again, other than the obvious little things like the 288mm brake conversion, rear roll bar, suspension, aero wipers etc etc - but that's more to do with the fact that if i was modifying a car, i would probably choose to build a crazy bhp evo or a similarly silly kit car...

as you say - i think our friend in question has a slightly warped vision of things.

i'm also frankly amazed that he's slating them like that after owning a 'rado vr6 - even if it had been previously tainted by the crap mk3 golf example.

Thing is I enjoy driving ANY vehicles and always take something from them no matter how insignificant. And even as I've progressed up to VR ownership, and have been fortunate enough now to drive some really nice cars, I still don't look back at the stuff in my motoring history in a sneery way.

I've enjoyed every car I've owned, be it my very first Peugeot 205 (cause it cost peanuts to run!), my Saxo VTR (pretty nippy, grunty 8v and good handling!) - I couldn't see myself getting into proper sports / supercar territory and looking down my nose to say "They were right sh!tters compared to what I have now!!" :)

And I hope I never get like that either!

Did you read the write up of the Fort William trip, on Page 13 mate?

ABSOLUTELY!

i'll also second that - owned a saxo vtr, highly modified ax gt, 205 gti, 306s16

- all fantastic little cars in their own right

:)

Its funny no matter what car someone owns, heck it could be a bugatti veyron but if they diss the corrado i'll happily start rattling off sentences upon sentences about just how good the car is. Anyone who loves driving can't dismiss the corrado, not even in the smallest of ways.

I've been lucky enough to experience some pretty special machinery which I'm now happy to say includes the GTR doing what it does best, electronics ain't my thing BUT it still would be insane of me too question the capability of the GTR, but on that list of experiences includes an LP640, Cayman S, new STI Spec C hatch and a short blast in a Ferrari 355 (my dream car)

Now the thing is, every car I get into regardless of what it is I compare it to the corrado, I suppose I am really picky when it comes too car's which is purely down to corrado ownership, spending so many times in Dr Forinor's storm, the 1st time I seen it come into the car park I had no idea what it was and immediately dismissed it at the time as a german tank, I was young and owned a 106 so erm I hope I can be excused on that one :lol:

But the more I experienced it the more I loved it, still today the corrado is one of my all time favourite car's and it always will be, after owning a couple of g60's and now a couple of impreza wagon's, with the 1st g60 being fantastic and everything I had ever dreamed of it exceeded all expectations, my 1st taste of impreza ownership was a rather shit uk turbo but with a fair bit of money spent on the engine so yea it was quick and fun when it went sideways but it still didn't compare to the thrill of the corrado, the corrado puts a smile on your face as soon as you start it up, you know your going somewhere even if its just a 10 minute trip if its in a corrado its a journey in itself. The more I experience performance cars the more I love the corrado, I really have started too like my Impreza wagon, it is a fantastic all round car and I can see why people describe the STI as the "real" impreza, however as good as this car is and I would probably annoy some impreza enthusiasts by saying this BUT I still find myself constantly comparing it too the corrado, I honestly have so many vivid memories and spending time thinking about the fun I had in that car it sometimes depresses me, I miss it more than I ever thought I could but the one thing for me is that corrado ownership is an experience and yet again once I get going about the corrado I rattle off sentence after sentence.

I respect people's opinion's but the corrado is one of those car's that is hard for anyone too pick a hole in regardless of how picky they are when it comes too driving. If it wasn't for corrado ownership I wouldn't have anywhere near the same driving experience, it teaches you so much, how a car should feel, how every little input on the steering wheel makes a difference, its just such a responsive thrilling driving machine that never fails too impress.

Hi Doc, fantastic thread reading about life with the GTR, any chance of posting a link to the GTR Forum thread you referred to? Give everyone a taste of how people view their special car compared to mere 15 year old things :nuts:

Keep up the updates. Cough 'Pics' Cough 'Vids' Cough :norty:

Hehehe, I think i should leave the link, since things have settled down, I'd rather they stay that way since I want to frequent that forum haha :p

I should have had a video ready from the Fort William trip so I apologise about that.

I will try and remember the next time I go on a wee road trip to have the keychain cam ready before I leave and bung it on either the bumper or inside the car, not too sure. Thing with it being outside is you get a lot of wind noise, but more chances of hearing the engine?

Any preferences? Inside the car or outside the car?

Yes, let's not start a cross-forum war please! They are entitled to their opinions, which can stay on their own forum :D

Let's see how their GTRs are at 15 years old. What am I saying? It's a Nissan, therefore they will out last the earth :lol:

been quiet on this for a while, how is the datsun?

managed to get a video or two yet for those of us with green eyes?

After reading both reviews of the Fort William drive I'm thinking of moving up to Scotland. I might then be able to beg for a ride in this car it sounds fantastic!! :lol: