Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

GTR Test drive [Now with pics on page 8]

WOW. Not saying that his rado isnt worth 17k, but holy crap... 17k for a rado? Good on the man I say.. Kev, yours cant be worth too much less (im assuming your paint isnt as mint as his was)

I never saw his paint in the flesh, but I know he repainted it once or twice. Mega fastidious doesn't come close to describing his attention to detail with paint!

My paint is shiney enough I guess, but not concours standard like his! :D

I have no idea what mine's worth, certainly a lot more than £17K in parts, but no one's gonna pay close to that for it, so I'm stuck with it..... what a shame :nuts: :lol:

Corrados have shite residual value for some reason when modded... sucks eh! I mean look at mk2s, prices are a joke. Im pretty sure theres an R36 engined one for sale for 20k on ed38.

You've just got to find the right buyer i guess...

I have no idea what mine's worth, certainly a lot more than £17K in parts, but no one's gonna pay close to that for it, so I'm stuck with it..... what a shame :nuts: :lol:

Aw that is a shame, never mind, rather than you have the burden, I'm sure someone here will gladly take your Rado off your hands, to help ease the burden :lol:

I know, I know, it's such a chore owning it :lol:

Yeah, £20K for an R36 engined MK2 is a tad rich by anyone's standards. I think because Corrados, especially VR6s and G60s, are known to be quite troublesome and "already good out of the box", tampering with them gets a dim view in the second hand market. A lot of it is ignorance though and some folk don't realise we are actually improving VW's shortcomings at the factory! :D

Sorry mate, didn't mean to taint your thread with my ramblings!

Even lumps of metal have to rub along gently to develop empathy for each other!

I like that. :)

Dr Forinor I hope you thoroughly enjoy the car, sure you will, a man has to work hard to afford a car like that so I salute you. Fair play. It's a beaut, and I love the arse end.

Dr Forinor I hope you thoroughly enjoy the car, sure you will, a man has to work hard to afford a car like that so I salute you. Fair play. It's a beaut, and I love the arse end.

Thank you. :)

I took a friend out last night, I'm between 300-600 miles now, which means in gears 4, 5 & 6 I can depress the throttle more than in between 0-300miles but still not fully depress it. In 4th gear, from 30mph, applying 40% throttle (so said the guage), my friend was looking for the "jesus handles", and he's been in quick cars, his brother has a 996 Turbo. I'm loving this car, a WHOLE lot!! :D

Looks a beaut and the :D must be permanently on your face at the moment. Good Luck with it and keep it safe, as was previously said you work hard to get things you require and this is yours. We have just recently redone our entire house made it all modern with all the latest toys. Due to hard work the morgage wasn't touched and the house is still ours within 2 years. Then I can start saving for a nice toy like this maybe :luvlove: :luvlove:

Thanks mate :)

congrats on getting your house done, I love toys, whether they be in the car or in the house, you must be enjoying them, good man!! :D

Here are pictures for you guys, still not to my standard of clean but thought I'd at least post something up.

(Excuse the "MS Paint" blocking of the number plates :lol: )

th_IMGP2675.jpg

th_IMGP2673.jpg

th_IMGP2668.jpg

th_IMGP2647.jpg

th_IMGP2646.jpg

th_IMGP2615.jpg

th_IMGP2612.jpg

th_IMGP2600.jpg

th_IMGP2594.jpg

th_IMGP2593.jpg

th_IMGP2560.jpg

th_IMGP2554.jpg

th_IMGP2551.jpg

th_IMGP2550.jpg

th_IMGP2548.jpg

th_IMGP2542.jpg

th_IMGP2530.jpg

th_IMGP2529.jpg

Fapping gorgeous. I look forward to hearing what sort of horrendous prices Nissan come up with when it comes time to service it and also what sort of customer "experience" you get from the garage with a prestige car like this! :) I feel like it's a chance to experience the highs and lows of ownership of something like this via proxy y'see ;)

Fapping gorgeous. I look forward to hearing what sort of horrendous prices Nissan come up with when it comes time to service it and also what sort of customer "experience" you get from the garage with a prestige car like this! :) I feel like it's a chance to experience the highs and lows of ownership of something like this via proxy y'see ;)

http://www.2009gtr.com/2009/03/uk-service-costs.html

Not cheap but then what is with that kind of performance.

Stunning car mate makes me go weak at the knees just looking at the pictures let alone seeing it in the flesh. Also happy to read in your other thread that you still love your Corrado.

lovely Datsun :lol:

only said that because i'm soooooooooo jealous, but do enjoy it mate.

If you don't mind mate. I appreciate it's a bit nosy but that's not intentional - I'm just interested to know what a machine like this costs to run "in the real world" :)

If you don't mind mate. I appreciate it's a bit nosy but that's not intentional - I'm just interested to know what a machine like this costs to run "in the real world" :)

More than happy mate, more than happy :)

Yummy yummy! Could you give me hi res pics of numbers 10, 11 and 16 please?

Erm, right, how do I do that now? Should I just zip em up and email em to you or what? Cos the size of each pic is around 3Mb?

Hit 1000miles tonight :D

And lost your license by the following morning? ;)

Yeh, agreed it was pretty quick and that was me trying to restrain myself, this car just BEGS to be driven!!!

Technically yes I can give it hell haha :lol: :norty: