Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

Wishbone FRONT bushes for VR6

I've done a search on here but couldn't find anything relevent.

I'm refurbing the front end of the suspension and according to VW and ETKA the VR6 front bush has to come with the wishbones!! Is that right??

Are the non vr6 front wishbone the same? Ive just ordered the r32/TT rear wishbone bush but need to find out about the front bush before powder coating the wishbones

Yeah the front comes in the wishbone, but the front one doesn't really need changing tbh mate, it's the rear one that needs changing.

btw, you sure it's not these 2:

191 407 181 (D) (rear)

357 407 182 (front) (seem to me it's sold "loose" from the arm itselfe).....

I've replaced the front ones on my wishbones fairly recently and were available seperately. Give Vince at stealth a call as he replaces bushes quite often and will know for sure.

btw, you sure it's not these 2:

191 407 181 (D) (rear)

357 407 182 (front) (seem to me it's sold "loose" from the arm itselfe).....

357 407 182 is the front/inner for sure from VW.

If you want uprated then r32/TT rear one then go for 8N0 407 181 B (at an audi garage) it will be listed as TT 3.2.

You can also replace the front bush with a R32/TT bush. Whilst you're at it you may as well do the two!

You can get both from the VW stealers (they are the same between the TT 3.2 and R32) as I called for prices a couple of weeks back, but the prices were pretty horrendous (around £14ea+) and I ordered mine from four seasons in California www.fourseasontuning.com/ following advice in an old thread on here 8)

Delivered to the UK the lot cost me around £35!!!! :D

To confirm part no's (as covered above):

Rear donut: 8N0407181B

Front: 8N0407182A

Well I ordered 2 weeks ago and they shipped them the same day (recieved an email from the US postal service with the tracking info), not recieved them yet buy they're due any day now.

I've previously ordered a lot of parts from the US and have had no problems at all. However, I've found the delivery time does vary quite a lot though; sometimes it can take a few days, other times it takes a few weeks. I think our customs is the main culpret though!! :roll:

But the money you save more than makes up for it IMO...

Do you guys know if any of the VW dealers in U.K will send parts overseas?.......as here in Norway it's only one line of dealers, and they realy do know what they want for the sh****....:(

Depends on the dealer, I've had parts delivered to my house before by some dealers and others wont take orders on the phone, let alone deliver.

If you have trouble, get someone to order the parts for you and then send them you.

hmmm, I bought them from the stealers but at the vortex they say the front ones won't fit?

Anyone actually fitted the front R32 bushings??

Also, what way are they supposed to be (beiing a u-shaped thingy).

Just thought I'd write it here:

The front bushes from R32 can NOT be used on the wishbone....;)

Only the rear ones..