Sign in to follow this  
millerman

Bonrath Powerrohr any good ?

as above seen this on ebay and wondering if it actually does anything or if its just under bonnet bling ?

anybody using one ?

082552.jpg

Try the search guys, there's been a few threads about them over the years, general consensus is that they're sh1te :)

bananawhip's got one i think....i can't see any advantage apart from absorbing a lot heat from the block and making your charge hotter. which isn't an advantage at all! :D look like pure jimmy savillery to me.

Yep I've got one, sounds nice and looks nice but I didn't fit it for anything other then that, probably makes 0.25 bhp on a good day with the right head wind and the moon passing over jupiter etc etc

Seen them pop up on ebay cheap recently but I'm not too sure on them, for a start they should have "By Bonrath PR-17 PRO" written on the top of them which these ones don't seem to, dunno if you can make it out from the pic of mine

engine bay 001.JPG[/attachment:1brpjzxy]

ive got a similar one it dont make any performance but it does sound different gives it a bit more of rasp when revving as for the heat soak havent noticed any difference nor does it get hot :D

Had one on mine when I bought it.. eventually took it off and sold it and bought the original part from VW. Didn't notice any change in power what so ever but it slightly muted the induction growl. I think ultimately it's a bit of engine bay bling and nothing more.

had one fitted to my old mk2 16v as you know in standard form there 139bhp

only other mod was magnex system and car was on RR at 150bhp and sounded very sweet on full chatty :norty: id recomend it

Seen them pop up on ebay cheap recently but I'm not too sure on them, for a start they should have "By Bonrath PR-17 PRO" written on the top of them which these ones don't seem to, dunno if you can make it out from the pic of mine

engine bay 001.JPG[/attachment:5oz45yj2]

Thought I'd take a chance and get one off the bay and I can confirm they are the proper Bonrath ones with the Bonrath logo on them. Was delivered from Germany in only a couple of days too so can recommend them :)

I think that they are a great replacer for an old OEM VW part, mine has starded to break and get a bit stiff... :cuckoo:

I can think that those two are about the same price?

I think that they are a great replacer for an old OEM VW part, mine has starded to break and get a bit stiff...

Couldn't agree more, they get a bad rap for some reason but they look better, sound better, and have maybe a slight power gain over the oem one

I think that they are a great replacer for an old OEM VW part, mine has starded to break and get a bit stiff...

Couldn't agree more, they get a bad rap for some reason but they look better, sound better, and have maybe a slight power gain over the oem one

Exactly, Its not a bad part, But I think that many C owners want their rides to be as they just went out of the production line... I have seen a black painted powerrohr and that looked sick! Couldnt tell that the OEM was swapped for that piece!

That is a great alternative to a VW part :notworthy: