Sign in to follow this  
Simon

Airbags on a corrado

Do corrado's have air bags? I have seen some advertised with airbags, however the steering wheel would never accomodaite this. Whats the beef?

Don't think you could get them, even as an option on UK spec. cars - North America (US & Canadian) is the only market I know of that had 'em...

US market didn;t have them, they had auto belts and knee bars (where we have shelves)

Late C's in Europe (exc. UK) and and Canada got them, some had passenger too in place of glove box but not sure if they were standard or option.

UK cars never had airbags as stated above however,

Some late US spec C's had them, only a very few, i've seen foto's and if you look on the parts CD there is an airbag option and parts

I worked in a dealer and one of the very last Corrado VR6's we sold had air con and an air bag as standard. It was a horrible 4 spoke wheel and bloody huge. I remember it as it just didnt suit the car at all. I think there was an additional document in the workshop manuals detailing the fitting of it.

Sorry i cant be of any more help.

Now that is very unusual Riki. My instruction manual has details on both passenger and drivers airbags as an option, but as its an English language manual it'll be for the USA and Canada as well as us lot I assume.

I know, i dunno if it was a special order but it was an oddball car! The only one i have ever seen. :D