Sign in to follow this  
A1 VR6

My New Daily

Took my sensible head off after 6 years of diesel daily drivers and bought this. I know i'll regret it running cost wise but I had to have one as it's probably the last Golf that will be made with a big creamy 6 pot.

One of the advantages of getting older - insurance is only £252 fully comp protected :D

Great to drive with an exhaust note to die for but i wouldn't say it's much quicker than my Corrado if at all.

Anyone else got one/driven one what do you think of them?

Anyone else got one

I wish! Looks superb mate.. always had a soft spot for the R32's (MK4 & MK5) :)

They're OK with a turbo on them :)

I wish :D

I've broken rule #1 by not buying a sensible daily and rule #2 is don't modify it :lol:

Yup, I've got one ;) Had it for 18 months now and adore it. Haldex Performance ECU, REVO, LED Tail Lights and a few little OEM bits :) (lights not in pictures)

I now use the VR6 as a daily dailer as I can get 30mpg out of it rather than the scary 24mpg in the Golf (and which also needs 100RON)

In fact I've only driven it once in the last 3 weeks, the poor things stuck at the end of the drive gathering tree sap :shrug:

stop you lot, wish i had one as a daily :(

i have a golf gti 8v mk3 :sleeping: they both look awesome, but a turbo would be the cherry on the icing on the cake :norty: :lol:

They're OK with a turbo on them :)

I wish :D

I've broken rule #1 by not buying a sensible daily and rule #2 is don't modify it :lol:

Let me know when you want to sell the wheels, they'd look great on my van :lol:

Nah, they're lovely looking cars as standard, thats a great colour too 8)

I can never work out why people put nice rims on a van :shrug: :epicfail:

Golf looks nice :D

That looks really nice Bill, hope you have some fun with it. I almost can't believe you prised yourself away from those diesel runabouts after all these years. Hope you don't miss the 60mpg+ side of TDi too much :)

I can never work out why people put nice rims on a van :shrug: :epicfail:

Dunno, maybe to make the van look better? :shrug:

Ah, nice one, Bill! Love R32s 8) . Remember, rules are there to be broken... how can you not modify it?! :lol:

I do like these and could see myself owning one but I could never buy the Mk4 version. Its too chavvy.

EH!?!? Are you serious?!? :shock:

That looks really nice Bill, hope you have some fun with it. I almost can't believe you prised yourself away from those diesel runabouts after all these years. Hope you don't miss the 60mpg+ side of TDi too much :)

Notice no reply from Bill? He's probably stuck between Petrol stations think he was still getting 60mpg! :lol:

Bill what's the Mod you're thinking of?

I do like these and could see myself owning one but I could never buy the Mk4 version. Its too chavvy.

EH!?!? Are you serious?!? :shock:

Yep, Im not that keen on them. There maybe not chavvy as such but they appeal to more of a chav audience I think. Dont like the big deep bumpers, skirts etc. The Mk5 is more restrained in my eyes. Im more of a Q car preson anyway i.e. something that looks stock/plain but it fast as fook.

Fair enough, but I wouldn't call myself Chavvy and I love em! Still, we are all different, such is the spice of life! :clap:

i sort of know what you mean about chavvy actually, i do like them but would choose a mk5 every time now

Thats a lovely motor, I too wish I could have one as my daily drive. Used to like the MK4 too, but like a lot of other folk on this thread, think they seem a bit chavvy now. The MK5, however does not in any way look chavvy. Would I be right in saying you're getting royally screwed for road tax with that though?