Sign in to follow this  
Loubyvr6

ideas to improve the headlights?

after driving my car in the dark whilst it was pouring down with rain for the first time last night, i discovered how bad the headlights are!!

i work nights, and after having lazer eye surgery last year my night vision is not the best, so i realy need to do something to improve the lights.

any suggestions?

ive saw on ebay a upgraded wiring harness, anyone tryed this?

ive got some better bulbs

also wondering if the angle eye headlights are any better? although im not realy sure on them as ive heard a few chav coments about angle eyes.

i havent saw any myself but does anyone know if you can get a crystal clear headlight without the angle eyes?

thanks for any help

I thought laser surgery was supposed to IMPROVE your vision?! :D

Best thing to do is fit a proper wiring loom (not a crappy Ebay one) and some decent bulbs.

Also make sure the lenses are still intact. Old headlights tend to lose a lot of the very delicate chrome plating and start 'yellowing'. Brand new headlights are MASSIVELY better than 15 year old ones, but at £130 each, not a cheap option unfortunately.

Clean the insides of the glass too, they unclip easily from the headlight body.

do a search on upgraded head light wiring loom, everyone does it :D makes your headlight switch last longer to!! angel eyes are a lot better, but on full beam i found them useless, but they are a good headlight so you dont really need it.

you can uprgade the loom for very little, and then as kev said clean the lights good and some new H4 bulbs, happy days

do a search on upgraded head light wiring loom, everyone does it :D makes your headlight switch last longer to!! angel eyes are a lot better, but on full beam i found them useless, but they are a good headlight so you dont really need it.

you can uprgade the loom for very little, and then as kev said clean the lights good and some new H4 bulbs, happy days

Biggest problem with angel eyes is that the dip beam goes off when main beam is on, I rewired everything so they all come on and it made loads of difference.

ah that sounds awesome, good work. the full beam goes miles but doesnt light up the floor around the car so feels a little unsafe, but with what your saying i bet it works very well!!

Hi all

I've been trying different stuff as well recently. Upgraded all the bulbs (lamps) for clear white with LED sides and cleaned lenses. Been pretty good in the recent heavy rain but you can't help thinking they could still be better. Looking at changing to angels but can't help thinking 'BMW'!!!!! DOH!!!! Like the idea of replacing the wiring, wheres the best place to purchase them from?

Also, getting really cheesed off with my driving lamps filling with condensation. All lenses ok with no cracks and replaced the back covers and checked seals..... Lights dry them out with the help of some newspaper covering them for a few minutes but just can't figure this one out????? Any suggestions? Parked up hill and down hill over night and showed no difference, reckon I got a Gremlin!

Stu

Hi all

I've been trying different stuff as well recently. Upgraded all the bulbs (lamps) for clear white with LED sides and cleaned lenses. Been pretty good in the recent heavy rain but you can't help thinking they could still be better. Looking at changing to angels but can't help thinking 'BMW'!!!!! DOH!!!! Like the idea of replacing the wiring, wheres the best place to purchase them from?

Also, getting really cheesed off with my driving lamps filling with condensation. All lenses ok with no cracks and replaced the back covers and checked seals..... Lights dry them out with the help of some newspaper covering them for a few minutes but just can't figure this one out????? Any suggestions? Parked up hill and down hill over night and showed no difference, reckon I got a Gremlin!

Stu

Get the looms from Kirby on my link I have one, it's awesome, difference is (scuse the pun) night and day!

Condensation.. tried smearing a thin film of vaselene on the lens seals??

thanks eveyone

im gona get a set of the looms vwdeviant recomeded, got some H4 bulbs to go in, and probs gona get some angel eyes, if that dont help ill stick 10 driving lamps on the bonnet lol

I thought laser surgery was supposed to IMPROVE your vision?!

thats what i thought and at £3490 youd think it would but they dont explain all the complications very clearly (if at all) before you get it done, but its stoped me from going near blind so i cant complain.

thanks eveyone

im gona get a set of the looms vwdeviant recomeded, got some H4 bulbs to go in, and probs gona get some angel eyes, if that dont help ill stick 10 driving lamps on the bonnet lol

These will help:

Osram

Philips

Biggest problem with angel eyes is that the dip beam goes off when main beam is on, I rewired everything so they all come on and it made loads of difference.

hi m8, sorry to hi-jack someone else's topic but can you tell me exactly how you re-wired your in-pros so the low beam stays on and can this be done using HIDS sorry but I'm not very good with electrics, i live in the country and my high beams are useless.

hi m8, sorry to hi-jack someone else's topic but can you tell me exactly how you re-wired your in-pros so the low beam stays on and can this be done using HIDS sorry but I'm not very good with electrics, i live in the country and my high beams are useless.

I knew somebody was going to have to ask that question and I'd have to try figure it out what I did 3 years ago while I'm 4,000 miles from my car in Saudi!

I added an extra relay for each headlight as in the attached drawing, I used fused relays, if you use normal ones it's best to put an in line fuse between battery and relay. Also if you already have an uprated loom, this wiring should be added on the headlight side of it. I did it this way because if the relay ever fails you still have lights.

There's no reason it shouldn't work with HIDs I plan to fit them in mine some time as the R32 comes with them and I've upgraded the bike also, it can be difficult driving the Corrado sometimes!

Hope this helps.